Would you consider a 32yr old single man with a Net worth of £450,000 rich ?

Watch
Rameshrajie
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Would you consider a 32-year-old single man living in Leeds, UK with a net worth of £450,000 , fairly rich ?

no liabilities, annual income of around £45,000 after tax
Gent2324
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
silly question, 450k in cash? 450k in items? annual expenses? annual savings? theres 100000 more factors you haven't told us
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wouldn't care about his worth, but I'd consider him a shallow arse for asking in the first place...
username5383500
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It still baffles me that people see a forum aimed at students and think it's the most suitable place to ask these sorts of questions
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Rameshrajie)
Would you consider a 32-year-old single man living in Leeds, UK with a net worth of £450,000 , fairly rich ?

nope.
Rameshrajie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gent2324)
silly question, 450k in cash? 450k in items? annual expenses? annual savings? theres 100000 more factors you haven't told us
450,000 including cash, savings and property
Actually I should add another 15,000 for my car

Expenses are,

rent for the apartment which I`ll be staying, and my other basic needs such as food, utility bills etc.
I am bit of a party animal but still save about half of what I earn
Rameshrajie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Drewski)
Wouldn't care about his worth, but I'd consider him a shallow arse for asking in the first place...
Well I am an Engineer who is planing to move to Leeds, UK soon and I just wanted to know how my financial situation will be considered there.

I am from a developing country so don`t have much idea about the average net worth, income in UK
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I just wanted to know how my financial situation will be considered there.
People are much more bothered about what you're like as a person.
Talking about salary, money, worth, etc, is considered rude in the UK.
Reue
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

No. Many living in the South East who bought 10 years ago will have similar networths by now thanks to house price increases.
Rameshrajie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Drewski)
People are much more bothered about what you're like as a person.
Talking about salary, money, worth, etc, is considered rude in the UK.
Well I believe its same anywhere..Also thats why I asked this on internet rather than asking it from random people I meet on the streets !!
Plain1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Cringe
username5383500
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Also thats why I asked this on internet rather than asking it from random people I meet on the streets !!
And somehow that led you to thinking "thestudentroom sounds like a great place to ask this"?

I feel like if you really wanted to know how your financial situation would look, you'd have gone with an "I'm an engineer, on X salary, planning to move to Leeds, what will my financial situation look like?". Not "here's my net worth, am I rich?"
Rameshrajie
Rep:
?
(Original post by AcseI)
And somehow that led you to thinking "thestudentroom sounds like a great place to ask this"?

I feel like if you really wanted to know how your financial situation would look, you'd have gone with an "I'm an engineer, on X salary, planning to move to Leeds, what will my financial situation look like?". Not "here's my net worth, am I rich?"
Thanks for the suggestion , may be it was my bad ! anyway i d rather stick to topic
MadameRazz
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
why are you asking this on a student forum
Plain1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I just looked up the salary of an engineer in Sri Lanka...
And considering you could not afford a phone bill in 2014, you never saved that up in that time.
You're practically anonymous here and your past posts show you're lying. I don't understand what the point of this is.
Last edited by Plain1; 1 month ago
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Outside of 'rich lists' published in newspapers, no one in the UK calculate their net worth, literally no one.

Outside of London, the cost of living anywhere in the UK is broadly similar. The only real difference is propety prices and your salary and a quick google will tell you whether you are in the ballpark.
jane96
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
like seriously
Rameshrajie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Plain1)
I just looked up the salary of an engineer in Sri Lanka...
And considering you could not afford a phone bill in 2014, you never saved that up in that time.
You're practically anonymous here and your past posts show you're lying. I don't understand what the point of this is.
1 month salary in Sri Lanka = 2 day salary in UK..I studied in england and as a part time waiter in a small restaurant, I earned more money than what I earned as a geotechnical engineer in Sri Lanka.

But then again expenses are 10x low as well

Most of my wealth is from inheritance and through real estate business..

Further 1 GBP = Rs 230
Last edited by Rameshrajie; 1 month ago
Rameshrajie
Rep:
?
(Original post by MadameRazz)
why are you asking this on a student forum
because I get quick answers here !
Reue
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
because I get quick answers here !
What are you actually wanting to know, though?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (519)
33.7%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (638)
41.43%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (313)
20.32%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.55%

Watched Threads