The Student Room Group

I think I'm gay

I had many crushes on the opposite sex when I was a child, but lately I've started to fantasise about men. I couldn't imagine coming out to my family and celebrating who I am with a lavish party and pride events. I just want to explore who I am. There is a popular guy in my class, who most of the girls fancy. He is tall, good looking and plays rugby. I've never seen him with a girlfriend, but I don't believe he is gay, then again I don't know. He likes to go to the pub with friends and drink alcohol, but I only occasionally drink wine. I don't have the courage to walk up to him and strike up a conversation. I'm scared he might reject me. Advise?
Try talking to him. Try being friends with him first. See how it goes from then, you'll learn a lot more from him
You could always try to pluck up the courage and talk to him; even a general conversation is a good starter. Knowing whether he is gay is a difficult concept but there may be a few indicators you could research and try to compare to him. Hope this helps and things go well.
Reply 3
Just be confident and try to approach him as a friend first and see how he behaves around you and if it does not work then he may not be your Mr right but dont give up and be always confident because im sure you will find the true love you deserve whatever if it is a guy or girl because love does not take into account Gender and the most important thing is to be happy so dont feel too overwhelmed also hope it works
Moderation note: thread cleaned up and reopened. Please note that posts which are not constructive and are insulting people because of their sexuality are not allowed. Comments such as this can be hate crimes and are illegal.

For any moderation queries, please post in Ask the Community Staff forum and not on the public forum. Any specific moderation queries which are posted on the public forum will be removed and carded. Thank you.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I had many crushes on the opposite sex when I was a child, but lately I've started to fantasise about men. I couldn't imagine coming out to my family and celebrating who I am with a lavish party and pride events. I just want to explore who I am. There is a popular guy in my class, who most of the girls fancy. He is tall, good looking and plays rugby. I've never seen him with a girlfriend, but I don't believe he is gay, then again I don't know. He likes to go to the pub with friends and drink alcohol, but I only occasionally drink wine. I don't have the courage to walk up to him and strike up a conversation. I'm scared he might reject me. Advise?

don't confess right away or anything like that. i'm sure you have female friends - ask them to snoop around. he might have a gf/maybe he likes to sleep around? check out his social media - any indication of pride celebrations or anything like that?
Further moderation note: please do not use this thread or the relationships forum for debates. Please use the Debate and Current Affairs forum. Thank you.

Yeah, sexuality is weird sometimes. I had a couple of crushes on the opposite sex when I was a kid but but over time I realised there was never really sexual attraction there and I‘m far more into guys. You could be gay, you could be bi. Try not to worry about the label too much, just like who you like and live live - easier said than done though.

Aww, ive been there. Does he have Facebook, you can add him on there? If you share any classes you could pretend to ask for help on a homework question or something and chat from there. chatting through Facebook could be good in-person is too much. If you’ve never seen the tall attractive rugby player with a girlfriend I’d like to think that is a good sign! Good luck man! And remember, most people are nice, if you get to chatting it turns out he’s not interested it will be okay.
(edited 3 years ago)

Hi there, I'm gay too and I met my bf becuase he dm'ed me on facebook after we were in the same tutorial. These things really can work out. Try chatting to him for a bit first, if he's out and comfortable with his sexuality he just might mention being gay. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending