The Student Room Group

will i be accepted in university with bad gcses

when i was doing my gcse’s due to personal reasons i didn’t do very well however i passed english and maths now i am doing my alevels and i’m in a much better head space i’m predicted AAB.will universities accept me even though i didn’t do well in my gcse’s
depends on the course and university. as long as its not a top university ie oxbridge then they will mostly care about your english and maths grades.
Original post by 3434mimi1212
when i was doing my gcse’s due to personal reasons i didn’t do very well however i passed english and maths now i am doing my alevels and i’m in a much better head space i’m predicted AAB.will universities accept me even though i didn’t do well in my gcse’s

Hi

For a lot of courses, universities actually don't look for GCSE's, but it is important to do research as this can vary from one university to another.

A great way to find out more about certain universities, is to attend open days. It's really important to browse different options, and of course to learn more about universities.

As the majority of universities will have their open days online this is a lot more accessible to students than commuting for the day :cyber:

We have a number of Virtual Open Days coming up over the next few months. They will be taking place on:

Saturday 3rd October
Saturday 24th October
Saturday 21st November
Wednesday 9th December

To sign up, all you need to do is fill in the booking form - https://www.hope.ac.uk/opendays/opendaybookingform/

I hope this helps!

Ruth :macarena:
Reply 3
Original post by 3434mimi1212

Did you intend to post this in the Cambridge University forum?

AAB is insufficient for a Cambridge offer - you need A*A*A or A*AA depending on the course - but may be sufficient for other courses and institutions - you need to check out their individual requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending