The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Sheffield Engineering foundation year

I was thinking of applying to the mechanical engineering foundation year, I do chemistry biology and psychology A-levels what would grades would I have to get to be accepted? how lenient are they with grades?
Original post by Fortress
I was thinking of applying to the mechanical engineering foundation year, I do chemistry biology and psychology A-levels what would grades would I have to get to be accepted? how lenient are they with grades?

Hi @Fortress,

For the Mechanical Engineering with a Foundation Year BEng or MEng course, you would be expected to achieve BBB at A-level based on your subject choices. You are also required to have a grade 6/B in GCSE Maths, in addition to a grade 4/C in GCSE English Language (or equivalent qualifications). You can read more about the specific entry requirements for this course in our virtual prospectus.

Depending on your personal circumstances, we may be able to give your application additional consideration when we receive it, and when exam results are released via our Access Sheffield scheme. To be considered via Access Sheffield, you may need to notify us separate to your UCAS application - check out our web pages for more information on our eligibility criteria and how to apply.

Let me know if you have any further questions
-Ben :smile:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending