The Student Room Group

Keele entry requirments

Hello,
I'm currently thinking about applying to University on a foundation course.
I'm slightly confused about the entry requirements (it might just be me overthinking but)
Keele's requirements say 'Between 40-48 UCAS points from at least 1 A level/level 3 qualification or equivalent'
The bit I'm confused about is the equivalent. I understand that 40 UCAS points is a B, but am I able to get onto the course if I get over 40 UCAS points for my overall total from my grades?
For example, if I got DDD (which comes to 72) would I be able to get on the course I want to take?

( I want to take Criminology with social science foundation year)
Thank you!
Original post by Eevee03
Hello,
I'm slightly confused about the entry requirements (it might just be me overthinking but)
Keele's requirements say 'Between 40-48 UCAS points from at least 1 A level/level 3 qualification or equivalent'
The bit I'm confused about is the equivalent. I understand that 40 UCAS points is a B, but am I able to get onto the course if I get over 40 UCAS points for my overall total from my grades?
For example, if I got DDD (which comes to 72) would I be able to get on the course I want to take?

Thank you!

I would think so. I agree its phrased a bit ambiguously but the number is normally a minimum you should be aiming for. If you were in excess by too much they would normally offer you direct entry. Speak to admissions and confirm the situation.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
I would think so. I agree its phrased a bit ambiguously but the number is normally a minimum you should be aiming for. If you were in excess by too much they would normally offer you direct entry. Speak to admissions and confirm the situation.

Thank you! It's phrased so confusingly and my school refuse to give me a straight up answer (i think they don't know themselves LOL)
Original post by Eevee03
Thank you! It's phrased so confusingly and my school refuse to give me a straight up answer (i think they don't know themselves LOL)

I see the interpretation you see, but it would be a weird one. Ask them and get the answer directly.
Original post by Eevee03
Hello,

Thank you!

Hello @Eevee03! I am really glad to see that you are considering coming to Keele! In saying that, I agree the wording on the website, about the entry requirements, is not clear enough (I am confused myself)! I will email admissions about this now, so I can get a clear answer for you. I will get back to you as soon as they respond! :smile:
Original post by Eevee03
Hello,

Thank you!

Hello! Admissions got back to me with this today- I believe the 40-48 UCAS tariff points relates to this year's clearing entry requirements.

Normally it is 64 UCAS Tariff points we require, and so someone predicted DDD (72 points) would be eligible for an offer for 2021/2 entry.

Once again, sorry about the confusion and I hope you are happy with this answer! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Keele Student Ambassador1
Hello! Admissions got back to me with this today- I believe the 40-48 UCAS tariff points relates to this year's clearing entry requirements.

Normally it is 64 UCAS Tariff points we require, and so someone predicted DDD (72 points) would be eligible for an offer for 2021/2 entry.

Once again, sorry about the confusion and I hope you are happy with this answer! :smile:

Thank you so much!! You have really saved me from all the confusion haha, I'm very grateful!
Original post by Eevee03
Thank you so much!! You have really saved me from all the confusion haha, I'm very grateful!

It wasn't a problem at all! I am glad I was able to help you out! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending