The Student Room Group

Gcse revision planning/organisation

So I am in year 10 and I am starting to feel the pressures of the exams. I have my R.P exams this year and rest in year 11. So I want to know how you guys revise . As in do you do your homework and then go through what you did in school or do homework and then revise for the closest test for example.

Also, how do you stay motivated to study?
i usually do my homework then revise, as youre in y10 i would revise topic to topic i.e the topic you're doing in each subject you should revise, additionally if there was a topic or a portion you're struggling with- go over that too. i would say revise it as soon as you can, however as youre revising something youre being taught at the same time, theres only so much you can go over, so revise what has been taught. if you have revision books with sub-topic specific questions then do those on what youve learnt. you dont have to revise it everyday, just when you have the time or create a schedule. a few days before the test (once youv'e learnt the whole topic) make sure you have all your notes, understand them and do a lot of practice questions. :smile: also to stay motivated remember all this hard work is paying off and youll see it in the tests and in class, thats also why you should do practice questions, its really satisfying to see your improvement.
i would go over any gcse content covered in year 9 (if u did) and make flashcards of every single thing you've learnt so far in all subjects from ur specs and just every day, do ur homework and make flashcards on the topic covered in class that day. make sure that u use more than just your class notes, try using info from bbc bitesize, ur textbook and the spec for ur course and make sure u mix all the information and put it in ur own words so its easier to remember

Quick Reply

Latest