Universities in UK

Watch this thread
CaramelQueen03
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm now living in the United States of America and graduating with an Associates degree. Right now, I'm in high school completing it for Mass Communications. Are there any universities in the United Kingdom for an Associates degree in Mass Communications?
Ibex340
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I'm from the US as well, but I'm pretty sure you would be looking for something along the lines of Journalism or Communications. I've heard that the University of Leeds, Loughborough Univesity and Newcastle University are good. I found a page about rankings here: https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...ype=full-table
Loughborough University
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi CaramelQueen03,

We offer a Media and Communications BSc (Hons) degree that you may be interested in! As part of this programme, you'll learn about new developments across a broad range of media and communication sectors: digital and social media, television, film, advertising, news and journalism.

If you have questions, feel free to drop me a message!
Ella
historynerd47
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Just to add to the comments here- the UK system is different and this would be best translated as a Bachelors degree in communications or even journalism
CaramelQueen03
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Ibex340)
I'm from the US as well, but I'm pretty sure you would be looking for something along the lines of Journalism or Communications. I've heard that the University of Leeds, Loughborough Univesity and Newcastle University are good. I found a page about rankings here: https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...ype=full-table
Thank you very much! I'll be checking that out soon!

(Original post by historynerd47)
Just to add to the comments here- the UK system is different and this would be best translated as a Bachelors degree in communications or even journalism
Oh OK! I have no idea how the UK's system goes but thank you!

(Original post by Loughborough University)
Hi CaramelQueen03,

We offer a Media and Communications BSc (Hons) degree that you may be interested in! As part of this programme, you'll learn about new developments across a broad range of media and communication sectors: digital and social media, television, film, advertising, news and journalism.

If you have questions, feel free to drop me a message!
Ella
Thank you so much! I'll pm you anytime if I need it.
Loughborough University
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by CaramelQueen03)
Thank you very much! I'll be checking that out soon!

Oh OK! I have no idea how the UK's system goes but thank you!

Thank you so much! I'll pm you anytime if I need it.
You're welcome!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (10)
35.71%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (9)
32.14%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
7.14%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (1)
3.57%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (2)
7.14%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
10.71%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
3.57%

Watched Threads