The Student Room Group
Birkbeck, University of London
Birkbeck College
London

Birkbeck University

Hey guys,

I am planning to switch to Birkbeck after my foundation year, long story short bad course choice and last minute pick.

But back to the main topic, I will be going to Birkbeck simply because it's pretty much the only university with evening classes that does undergraduate courses in Finance (if you know any others in the Greater London area please feel free to share but I feel after long research that there isn't anything out there). The courses I am looking at are "Accounting and Management with Finance" or "Financial Economics".

I would like to gather some feedback from fellow students, I have already read some reviews but feel free to share some more!

Also it would be interesting to know what course are you studying?

Thanks to everyone!
Original post by samiracaruso
Hey guys,

I am planning to switch to Birkbeck after my foundation year, long story short bad course choice and last minute pick.

But back to the main topic, I will be going to Birkbeck simply because it's pretty much the only university with evening classes that does undergraduate courses in Finance (if you know any others in the Greater London area please feel free to share but I feel after long research that there isn't anything out there). The courses I am looking at are "Accounting and Management with Finance" or "Financial Economics".

I would like to gather some feedback from fellow students, I have already read some reviews but feel free to share some more!

Also it would be interesting to know what course are you studying?

Thanks to everyone!

Hi. I am going to be studying Philosophy at Birkbeck, and so although the course is different, I cannot wait to get started! Bloomsbury is so amazing, given its proximity to museums, galleries, theatres, green spaces, different research institutions and so many other sites. Bloomsbury is just so good to benefit your psychological well-being, and I am sure you will love it, since I am too. Furthermore, Birkbeck is a really good university in the research department, and so I cannot wait to engage in political and intellectual discourse with everyone, as well as joining societies. I believe the campus may be closed for now, but that is not stopping me from exploring Bloomsbury and living life to the greatest.

If you want, message me and we can talk more about Birkbeck.
Birkbeck, University of London
Birkbeck College
London
I started a different uni recently but found Birbeck and decided to change, just waiting for my current uni to withdraw me so I can accept my new offer! I am so excited, I love how it gives us the whole day to do whatever we want like work experience or volunteering etc. And being so central means so many things to do. I am doing environment and sustainability :smile:
Original post by anonymoussheep1
I started a different uni recently but found Birbeck and decided to change, just waiting for my current uni to withdraw me so I can accept my new offer! I am so excited, I love how it gives us the whole day to do whatever we want like work experience or volunteering etc. And being so central means so many things to do. I am doing environment and sustainability :smile:

Very nice! I actually plan on making a society around the environment and sustainability at Birkbeck. If you wish, I can let you be vice-president. Haha!
Original post by curbyourfeminism
Very nice! I actually plan on making a society around the environment and sustainability at Birkbeck. If you wish, I can let you be vice-president. Haha!

Haha yes please I'd love that :smile:
Original post by curbyourfeminism
Hi. I am going to be studying Philosophy at Birkbeck, and so although the course is different, I cannot wait to get started! Bloomsbury is so amazing, given its proximity to museums, galleries, theatres, green spaces, different research institutions and so many other sites. Bloomsbury is just so good to benefit your psychological well-being, and I am sure you will love it, since I am too. Furthermore, Birkbeck is a really good university in the research department, and so I cannot wait to engage in political and intellectual discourse with everyone, as well as joining societies. I believe the campus may be closed for now, but that is not stopping me from exploring Bloomsbury and living life to the greatest.

If you want, message me and we can talk more about Birkbeck.

Yes, guys, definitely let’s stay in touch! At least I will know someone there haha unfortunately I’m enrolling in the 2021/22 course, this year I’m doing a foundation year somewhere else...

How old are you? Both of you @curbyourfeminism and @anonymoussheep1 and what do you do in life? I’m guessing if you are going Birkbeck like me then you must be busy during the day. I’m 23 this November, currently employed as a mortgage administrator but I passed my CeMAP in June so I can go and advise people on mortgages now, just looking for a company atm.
Original post by samiracaruso
Yes, guys, definitely let’s stay in touch! At least I will know someone there haha unfortunately I’m enrolling in the 2021/22 course, this year I’m doing a foundation year somewhere else...

How old are you? Both of you @curbyourfeminism and @anonymoussheep1 and what do you do in life? I’m guessing if you are going Birkbeck like me then you must be busy during the day. I’m 23 this November, currently employed as a mortgage administrator but I passed my CeMAP in June so I can go and advise people on mortgages now, just looking for a company atm.

I am 19. My plan is to actually complete my BA in 2 years. It is ambitious, but Philosophy is a subject that I really enjoy and consistently rank high in with regards to assessments. Furthermore, 50% of this year's work and next year's work is coursework, so that is fantastic. 100% of the final year is coursework too, so I am sure I can fit everything and understand it in 2 years so as long as I utilise my holidays. I enjoy playing the ukelele and I also enjoy a range of sports, depending on what is available. I read 100 pages a day on my e-reader before I go to sleep, and I also do 2 hours of language study a day (currently Chinese). I also plan on going to the gym 6 times a week too. My day is so that I sleep for 8 hours, work for 8 hours and have 8 hours of personal time. I also enjoy travelling to museums, galleries, theatres, green spaces and different research institutions. I also plan on going abroad frequently for daytrips to Europe, so as long as it is safe, given the current climate.
(edited 3 years ago)
I am 20 and just trying to sort out a new routine to keep me busy during the day and develop myself. I will commute to London for uni, but am looking to do some work experience, volunteering and learn some new skills or hobbies! I'd also love to join societies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending