How to survive in london

Watch
Illian123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I really wanna study dentistry in kcl but I have to take student loans for 5 years but looking at student dorms being so overpriced,idk if I should really study there.Is there any other way?
noturhabibti
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
try finding somewhere on the outskirts of london where u can easily catch a train
Scottishlad888
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Illian123)
I really wanna study dentistry in kcl but I have to take student loans for 5 years but looking at student dorms being so overpriced,idk if I should really study there.Is there any other way?
You can study dentistry at Dundee University and dundee is cheap to stay in
Illian123
Rep:
?
(Original post by noturhabibti)
try finding somewhere on the outskirts of london where u can easily catch a train
I was thinking greenwich
Illian123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Scottishlad888)
You can study dentistry at Dundee University and dundee is cheap to stay in
I really want to study in kcl🥺but I can change my mind
Scottishlad888
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I really want to study in kcl🥺but I can change my mind
Well at the end of the day london is not a very cheap place to stay and its not very safe
Illian123
Rep:
?
Well at the end of the day london is not a very cheap place to stay and its not very safe
Sadly that’s true
noturhabibti
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I was thinking greenwich
yup, greenwich is only half an hour on a train i think also, wandsworth is good bc its near clapham jcn station
oh and also stratford is also a good place to stay bc train journeys from there to kcl are relatively short
Iouisa
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
london is pretty safe. just depends where you are. where i live it's extremely safe and barely any weirdos hanging about, acc none at all
Scottishlad888
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Iouisa)
london is pretty safe. just depends where you are. where i live it's extremely safe and barely any weirdos hanging about, acc none at all
Yes but you will be in a nice part of london
shortgirl96
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Obtain a London map first of all. Avoid the high crime areas. Get a contact number for a trusted taxi company and stay safe and remain completely alert. Be aware of your surroundings always especially when leaving a pub at night. Never drink more than four glasses of wine in London as a precaution, have tap water instead. Find out where the danger zones are and stay out of trouble.

Do not drink too much alcohol at nightclubs etc either. Know where the closest police station is as well as well as the hospital too. Practice using your common sense. Trust your gut feeling and survival instinct. If you are being followed for no reason, try to escape unharmed. Familiarise yourself completely with the area of London that you are in. Pay attention to people at all times when in London.
It is a bad idea not to really. Be sensible. Never flash your wallet at strangers and when on trains in London be quite cautious. Keep your mobile phone in your bag and either invest in a fairly cheap wallet or try to hide all of your money away from unwanted eyes when walking alone in London at night. Do not listen to distracting loud music or forget who you are talking to either. Always obtain a printed receipt in shops.

Vigilance is key to survival. Remember that always. Never distrust someone just because they are mean however.
Scottishlad888
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Dont go to London its not safe
macy_m
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Dont go to London its not safe
Not every single area in London is dangerous ..
Scotney
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
As a Londoner I fail to see the attraction of studying in the capital. Who wants a crowded commute into uni especially at the moment. Lots of unis do dentistry so look at some others on UCAS. Both my children opted to study outside London as did all their cousins. There is no campus feel to London Unis and they are engulfed by the city. Living outside dorms can be very daunting and lonely in a new city.
Scottishlad888
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by macy_m)
Not every single area in London is dangerous ..
Its full of crime dont sugar coat it things are maybe fine on the outskirts otherwise london is a melting pot of crime
goggleyed
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
just study it somewhere else, its all the same
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (195)
29.77%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (109)
16.64%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.85%
I want to meet current students (55)
8.4%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.79%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.54%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.8%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.21%

Watched Threads