jordanlndn1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Recently moved to uni but haven’t been enjoying it that much. I know missing out on the typical freshers isn’t the end of the world but really feel as though I won’t be experiencing uni proper. Also slightly worried covid will get worse especially since I’m in a large student hall where people aren’t taking social distancing seriously and are mixing at big flat parties. Have been thinking about seeing if it’s possible to study from home or maybe defer a year and get a job (although I previously took a gap year so not so sure). Are there many students leaving accommodation to move back home?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by jordanlndn1)
Recently moved to uni but haven’t been enjoying it that much. I know missing out on the typical freshers isn’t the end of the world but really feel as though I won’t be experiencing uni proper. Also slightly worried covid will get worse especially since I’m in a large student hall where people aren’t taking social distancing seriously and are mixing at big flat parties. Have been thinking about seeing if it’s possible to study from home or maybe defer a year and get a job (although I previously took a gap year so not so sure). Are there many students leaving accommodation to move back home?
Some students are moving home. Are you able to easily get out of your contract?
Emmerage
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Don't expect to be able to get a job - even without lockdowns on the way, the economy is tanking.

Think about what you will gain from a year of study - true, you don't get the experience, but paying 9k a year to go and get drunk and make friends seems like quite a waste of money - is that really what you value about the experience? Is that really so horrible to miss out on that you'd rather do nothing for a year? You're better off really focusing on studies and having an absolute triumph of a year academically, than going home and sitting around doing nothing because there's no work going.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (177)
14.45%
I'm not sure (56)
4.57%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (361)
29.47%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.86%
I'm not a current university student (596)
48.65%

Watched Threads