giorgosg12
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello,

I live in your accommodations for the past two years, and now is my third. I want to know why the circuit laundry is get more expensive every year. Is ridiculous to pay £3,30 for laundry for 41 minutes of washing ( that that I doubt is going to do a good job) not only that the circuit laundry doesn't let you to put powder and clothing conditioner because it doesn't have any doors , you just throw everything inside and hope for the best.***I meant the washing powder with the clothes in the same compartment***

Also the the dry cleaning is £1,80 for 50 minutes! Why is getting experience every year ?

Now every time I have to do laundry I have to pay £5,1 pounds for washing and drying, why ?

What is the reason for this? Is the contract with the accomodation that makes it expensive or the company itself changing their prices?

Other accommodations in around Birmingham they charge less than £3 and is the same accomodation s £1 for laundry and £1 for drying.

Please provide me with some reasonable expectation because honestly this doesn't make any sense.
Last edited by giorgosg12; 3 weeks ago
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by giorgosg12)
Hello,

I live in your accommodations for the past two years, and now is my third. I want to know why the circuit laundry is get more expensive every year. Is ridiculous to pay £3,30 for laundry for 41 minutes of washing ( that that I doubt is going to do a good job) not only that the circuit laundry doesn't let you to put powder and clothing conditioner because it doesn't have any doors , you just throw everything inside and hope for the best.

Also the the dry cleaning is £1,80 for 50 minutes! Why is getting experience every year ?

Now every time I have to do laundry I have to pay £5,1 pounds for washing and drying, why ?

What is the reason for this? Is the contract with the accomodation that makes it expensive or the company itself changing their prices?

Other accommodations in around Birmingham they charge less than £3 and is the same accomodation s £1 for laundry and £1 for drying.

Please provide me with some reasonable expectation because honestly this doesn't make any sense.
You haven't specified which uni this is. It would be best if you contacted your accommodation office directly to ask. Also, do you mean that you're washing your clothes without detergent? You're supposed to put the powder/pods directly into the drum. If you aren't using anything then you're just rinsing your clothes in warm water.
2500_2
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by giorgosg12)
Hello,

I live in your accommodations for the past two years, and now is my third. I want to know why the circuit laundry is get more expensive every year. Is ridiculous to pay £3,30 for laundry for 41 minutes of washing ( that that I doubt is going to do a good job) not only that the circuit laundry doesn't let you to put powder and clothing conditioner because it doesn't have any doors , you just throw everything inside and hope for the best.

They're a profit-making business, and they've cornered the market in uni laundries.
You can vote with your feet and take your washing to an independent laundrette instead.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (80)
14.26%
I'm not sure (25)
4.46%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (178)
31.73%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.14%
I'm not a current university student (266)
47.42%

Watched Threads