Parent’s 25th wedding anniversary

Watch
kiqbal000
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
It’s my parent’s 25th wedding anniversary next week and I want to do something special for them. We can’t have anyone around, and unfortunately, my dad has to go to work during the night and will only be awake on the day from about 2pm and gone to work by 8pm.
I have bought them a little gift, which I will add with flowers and chocolates.
Is there any ideas of what I can do to make it special for them?
25th is a huge anniversary.
Originally they wanted to go away for a week but obviously corona ruined that, so that’ll be happening next year.
Any help will do, thanks!!
historynerd47
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What about cooking them a special dinner? Or for my Dad's birthday I put together an afternoon tea from scratch- made some nice sandwiches, baked scones and bought clotted cream/some fancy jam, and baked some little cakes and arranged it on a three tier stand and it went down really well Not sure if your parents would be into that but mine were chuffed!
flamingolover
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Homemade spa day?
kiqbal000
Rep:
?
(Original post by historynerd47)
What about cooking them a special dinner? Or for my Dad's birthday I put together an afternoon tea from scratch- made some nice sandwiches, baked scones and bought clotted cream/some fancy jam, and baked some little cakes and arranged it on a three tier stand and it went down really well Not sure if your parents would be into that but mine were chuffed!
That is a great idea!!! They’d love that, they absolutely love their tea time😂 I will defo try doing this
kiqbal000
Rep:
?
(Original post by flamingolover)
Homemade spa day?
If only haha like I said, my dad will be rushing off to work
historynerd47
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by kiqbal000)
That is a great idea!!! They’d love that, they absolutely love their tea time😂 I will defo try doing this
Ahh so glad! This is the recipe I used for the scones, I have used it many times and it is brilliant: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/...-clotted-cream
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by kiqbal000)
And make sure you leave it super tidy afterwards- no piles of washing up for them to do
kiqbal000
Rep:
?
(Original post by historynerd47)
Ahh so glad! This is the recipe I used for the scones, I have used it many times and it is brilliant: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/...-clotted-cream
Lovely, thanks for that! I’ll have a go looks yum
kiqbal000
Rep:
?
(Original post by ReadingMum)
And make sure you leave it super tidy afterwards- no piles of washing up for them to do
Absolutely, always
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (186)
14.1%
I'm not sure (59)
4.47%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (387)
29.34%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.81%
I'm not a current university student (650)
49.28%

Watched Threads