Gagann
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m currently 15 and i need to apply for my sixth forms and choose my a-levels. When i grow up, i want to be a Commercial Pilot and work for British Airways mainly but i’m not going through the apprenticeship route. I want to do a degree before becoming a pilot then carry on with the training. My parents however don’t want me to be a pilot as they just think it’s about turning an engine on, flying the plane to another destination and that’s it. As stereotypical asian parents, they want me to persue a career in Medicine, Law or Finance and let me be honest, i have 0 interest in any of those fields. Could someone help me out on what route i could take or is there a degree i could do so when i’m doing being a pilot or need a break whatsoever, i could do my career in that or is there a degree i could do in becoming a pilot and then guiding me on what to do next? PLEASE HELP ME OUT !!!
shortgirl96
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Try talking to them. Convince them that you will actually love it. Go to a airline website and see if there are any vacancies at present. Or call or email. Research entry routes into the airline sector too. Look at requirements etc. Remember that this is a very tough sector to enter. You will have to take many exams in order to pass and qualify as a pilot. Glass door is a good source of reliable information when it comes to working for airline companies and what to expect. I recommend starting there. Most pilots have started their career by working as a flight attendant first. Again make brief notes on job requirements. There is a lot to have to learn fast. Each airline has their own qualifying requirements.
Mrsilvafox
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by shortgirl96)
Try talking to them. Convince them that you will actually love it. Go to a airline website and see if there are any vacancies at present. Or call or email. Research entry routes into the airline sector too. Look at requirements etc. Remember that this is a very tough sector to enter. You will have to take many exams in order to pass and qualify as a pilot. Glass door is a good source of reliable information when it comes to working for airline companies and what to expect. I recommend starting there. Most pilots have started their career by working as a flight attendant first. Again make brief notes on job requirements. There is a lot to have to learn fast. Each airline has their own qualifying requirements.
Where on earth did you hear that?! Most pilots were NOT flight attendants first. Ffs....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (32)
9.76%
Okay (96)
29.27%
A bit lacking (119)
36.28%
Not good at all (81)
24.7%

Watched Threads