parents won't let me sleep

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
my parents don't let me sleep until at least 12 oclock and they wake me up at 5 o'clock to study, is this normal or do i need more sleep as a 15 year old guy.
khadijaaaxxxx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
that's quite wrong of them tbh
you need more sleep :/
historynerd47
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Why don't they let you sleep? Are they asking you to do chores etc that takes you that long or do they have a reason you should stay up? Teenagers if anything need more sleep than the average 7-8 hours adult, five is very little
Anonymous #1
(Original post by historynerd47)
Why don't they let you sleep? Are they asking you to do chores etc that takes you that long or do they have a reason you should stay up? Teenagers if anything need more sleep than the average 7-8 hours adult, five is very little
they tell me to study for my GCSEs and they said that its not little and that getting more than 5-6 hours is just a myth
Anonymous #1
o

(Original post by khadijaaaxxxx)
that's quite wrong of them tbh
you need more sleep :/
well i think they'd agree with you bio (no pain no gain) ahahaha
historynerd47
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
they tell me to study for my GCSEs and they said that its not little and that getting more than 5-6 hours is just a myth
Hmm well I must say I managed on similar during my GCSEs and A-levels (now at uni), but getting more sleep definitely isn't a myth. This sounds like quite an unhealthy situation- of course your parents want you to succeed and that's absolutely fine but they sound a bit too controlling to be honest.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (66)
17.79%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (104)
28.03%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (141)
38.01%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
12.94%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (12)
3.23%

Watched Threads