Qqq
Last edited by Student-109; 1 week ago
MattLean20
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
https://www.prospects.ac.uk/careers-...gree/geography
This website gives information on jobs where a geography degree is essential or useful.
University of Huddersfield Student Rep
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Student-109)
Where can geography help you in life! I’m considering taking it for alevels but wanted to make sure it will be useful further on in life! What degrees and jobs require an alevel in geography?
Hi @Student-109,

I hope you are well during these unprecedented times,

I am glad to hear that you are considering to study Geography at A Level. You may likely gain skills like critical thinking, problem solving, teamwork, ICT, analytical and statistical skills amongst many others. Which may be appealing to employers across all sectors

https://www.ucas.com/job-subjects/geography

Are you considering to study a subject at degree level which you are studying at A Level? Have you thought of what sector/industry you would like to work in?

Depending on what subject your wanting to study in the future- if it is science based some universities may not accept Geography as a science and you may want to consider taking Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Maths supplementary to Geography so you are more likely to meet the requirements.

Or if you want to go down the Social Science routes then Geography would be a great accompanying subject to your other A Levels.

The University Of Huddersfield also has a list of careers you could enter- taken from the Royal Geographic Society. However, if the following career paths don’t interest you, if you Geography degree, you will likely gain many transferable skills which you could utilise in different industries.
• Teaching
• Research
• Environmental Management
• Planning
• Finance Banking
• Commercial Enterprises
• Travel/Tourism

https://courses.hud.ac.uk/full-time/...raphy-bsc-hons

I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

All the best with your studies,

Best Wishes,

Sam Townsend | BSc(Hons) Geography Student at The University Of Huddersfield
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Geography can be useful in a number of ways. For one thing when you are walking around town to the local library, shops or pubs if you know your way around you will not need a map. Also geography helps you work as a team as well. Example two your communication skills are honed on field trips. Geography allows you to think logically too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (525)
33.78%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (642)
41.31%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (315)
20.27%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed