lbeaufils
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi there,

I am currently a 1st year L100 BSc Economics student at the Uni of Warwick.
I have to choose 2 optional modules and I am planing to take Mathematical Analysis on 1 Term and hesitating about term 2. Should I take Linear Algebra or Topics in applied economics 1b ?
https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/econom...modules/year-1
I would like to do a MSc Economics after my degree and why not a Phd.
Should I only focus on Maths modules, or will it be too much maths and I am better off with an module giving me a glimpse on research in economics, as it is what I envisage to do in the future ?

Please, all help is welcomed.

Thanks to those who will answer.

Leon.
lbeaufils
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by lbeaufils)
Hi there,

I am currently a 1st year L100 BSc Economics student at the Uni of Warwick.
I have to choose 2 optional modules and I am planing to take Mathematical Analysis on 1 Term and hesitating about term 2. Should I take Linear Algebra or Topics in applied economics 1b ?
https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/econom...modules/year-1
I would like to do a MSc Economics after my degree and why not a Phd.
Should I only focus on Maths modules, or will it be too much maths and I am better off with an module giving me a glimpse on research in economics, as it is what I envisage to do in the future ?

Please, all help is welcomed.

Thanks to those who will answer.

Leon.
Plus, in general, what would you say are the best modules to take in a BSc Economics?
BenRyan99
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I would take the maths module, there'll be plenty of modules later in the degree that will let you apply the theory but it's important to have a good grounding in the methods beforehand.

In terms of module selection generally, it sorta depends what kind of economist you want to become, what you're interested in. If you're interested in econometrics then take lots of stats classes, if micro then mathematical proof modules and IO is important. In macro at masters and PhD level you need to be pretty good at micro anyway. General rule would be to either do maths modules or what you're interested in, you're always more likely to do well in topics you're interested in as you'll go the extra mile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (83)
26.18%
England (108)
34.07%
Belgium (27)
8.52%
Germany (38)
11.99%
Spain (5)
1.58%