The Student Room Group

Is the gym safe during covid?

I'm in third year at uni and really want to work out after gaining a few pounds over lockdown.

At home I was doing workouts in my back garden and stuff, as there was obviously a lot of room at home as well as a treadmill in our garage. Now I'm back at uni and living in a flat during term time, home workouts are not practical as it's harder to do in my room (e.g. due to people on floor below me).

I am considering joining Pure gym here but problem is it's in the city centre of Leicester and I am worried, because cases are rising . Would the gym be a COVID hotspot?? Any advice on whether I should join the gym or not during this pandemic and also any advice on how to keep fit whilst living in student accommodation?

Thanks!
Original post by bioenthusiast
I'm in third year at uni and really want to work out after gaining a few pounds over lockdown.

At home I was doing workouts in my back garden and stuff, as there was obviously a lot of room at home as well as a treadmill in our garage. Now I'm back at uni and living in a flat during term time, home workouts are not practical as it's harder to do in my room (e.g. due to people on floor below me).

I am considering joining Pure gym here but problem is it's in the city centre of Leicester and I am worried, because cases are rising . Would the gym be a COVID hotspot?? Any advice on whether I should join the gym or not during this pandemic and also any advice on how to keep fit whilst living in student accommodation?

Thanks!

No gym can be perfectly safe, just depends what risks your willing to live with.

You can wear a face-mask (they now make exercise ones). Disinfect equipment, and regularly wash hands before and after. This will reduce your risk but obviously won’t eliminate it and a lot of it is just the randomness of who's been in the gym at the same time as you.

Quick Reply

Latest