Do all couples have rough patches and do they recover?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
We're in our mid teens and we have had a couple of arguments recently. She's got a lot of stress with GCSEs coming up and I think that is why.

She has been complaining to me about stuff and I have told her I will fix then so that is all sorted.

But then she was telling me a few days ago that she doesn't really feel like she is into this relationship any more. But last night she said she wants to try and make this work with me and we won't break up for any unnecessary reasons so everything seems to be sorted. And she said she had feelings for me.

Do these rough patches usually happen in relationships?
t-o-f-u
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes rough patches happen in every relationship. It's up to both of you to work through it, if you don't it won't work out, if you do, it will.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
She seems not interested and she’s using her GCSE’s as an excuse to break up with u, trust me if she loved u then she would make time for u. Rough patches occur for all couples but the stronger couples wouldn’t break up over small things. She just needs to be open and honest about her feelings and so do u, maybe ask her if the real reason she wants to break up because she doesn’t like u anymore. A levels are harder and I have a bf, it’s not made my life more stressful when studying or near mocks so I don’t see her problem and GCSE’s are a walk in the park.
becausethenight
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, they do. Even if you guys are super in love and happy, life happens! Around exams, what your girlfriend wants and needs will be different than at other times. It's down to you guys to navigate a stressful situation and come out stronger and able to support each other.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (588)
34.09%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (713)
41.33%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (345)
20%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.58%

Watched Threads