Extracurriculars for applying to Physics?

Watch this thread
relrelrel
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I wanna apply to Physics at uni but I have no clue what kinda work experience, extracurriculars I need to do... anyone suggest please? Thanks!
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by relrelrel)
I wanna apply to Physics at uni but I have no clue what kinda work experience, extracurriculars I need to do... anyone suggest please? Thanks!
You dont _need_ extracurriculars, they are nice to have but make pretty much zero difference to your chances in the UK. The key thing is good exam results (particularly maths) and a decent personal statement that explains why you are interrested in the subject.
University of Sheffield Alumni
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by relrelrel)
Hi! University of Sheffield graduate here, and I thought it would be useful to point you in the direction of The University of Sheffield's upcoming virtual taster session on Physics and Astronomy, which is titled 'Handheld Physics: Using your smartphone to measure magnetic fields in your own home'.

These virtual taster sessions are all free, are a great way to show in a personal statement and/or interview that you are passionate about your subject, you've done your wider research and, of course, they greatly enhance your subject knowledge in areas you might not get to learn about in school!
Would defo recommend having a look at our sessions here.

- Ellie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (41)
26.8%
As I expected (49)
32.03%
Harder (56)
36.6%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.58%

Watched Threads