The Student Room Group

KPMG 2021 Graduate Programme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by qndx1999
Has anyone heard about any dates for a VLP for May?

Nope. I found out a week ago that I had passed the CT so i'm waiting for my VLP date :smile: Hopefully hear something soon though!
Original post by Sr8374
Nope. I found out a week ago that I had passed the CT so i'm waiting for my VLP date :smile: Hopefully hear something soon though!

Out of curiosity, what did your timeline look like prior to this? Mine's had a c.a 2mo. hold stage between every stage. I'm slightly surprised that the process has taken this long, though I've chalked it up to the pandemic
Original post by Graffin
Out of curiosity, what did your timeline look like prior to this? Mine's had a c.a 2mo. hold stage between every stage. I'm slightly surprised that the process has taken this long, though I've chalked it up to the pandemic

Mine hasn't been too bad really. I started my application mid-March and I had a telephone interview which was an additional stage. This period is currently the longest I have been on hold, and even then it has only been just over a week. I'm sure we'll hear something soon though :smile: I think the thing I applied for was posted quite late so that might explain why my process is moving at a better rate
Original post by the_martian13
Anyone here have any advice on the Delivering Outcomes stage for Digital Consulting role? What can I expect from the video and written questions, any specific digital/ technology related things I should read up on?

Thanks!

hi, I did mine back in December but if I remember correctly it's a mix of written, numerical and video answers. Not too technical at all. Mostly it's simple percentages and calculations in the context of a business. One video question I remember is you had to pretend you were giving a speech on why you chose your stream. I think there was one part where you have to write an email to a colleague explaining how to handle a setback in a project. But nothing where you needed specific tech knowledge
Original post by Gradd9797
anyone got an update on digital consulting london?

hi i've gotten an offer for DC this month after starting the process in December, I applied via one of their insight programmes
Original post by the_martian13
For those of you who applied for Digital Consulting, how long did it take you to find out if you passed Delivering Outcomes?

Also, I think it is different based on the location, so if you could say where you applied too that would be great!

hi, applied to London. It took 10 days between completing Delivering Outcomes stage and getting an email to say I'd passed. That email came on Jan 14th, had the usual 'many applications ahead of you' and I didn't get invited to Critical Thinker until Feb 5th
Anyone heard anything about Deal Advisory London VLP? I just got an email saying I passed the critical thinker but there are others ahead of me.
Has anyone had a VLP date for DC London?
Original post by tee1738
hi i've gotten an offer for DC this month after starting the process in December, I applied via one of their insight programmes

Congrats, was this in London?
Does anybody else have the Critical Thinker next week for London Graduate Deal Advisory? Mine is scheduled for Wednesday
Original post by tee1738

Hi congratulations on your offer! If you don’t mind me asking, what was the VLP like?
Original post by ish_oo
Hi congratulations on your offer! If you don’t mind me asking, what was the VLP like?

hi, it was online so quite a bit of waiting in between joining different 30 minute sessions. Wasn't so bad, staff were nice and the group assessment was only 3 people so didn't struggle to get a word in. Had to give a presentation during my interview but it was not too technical.

It was three stages: group assessment, 1:1 reflection on the assessment, then interview.
Original post by Nafi1996
I applied for the same role back in October. Did the first online assessment and been on hold since. :/

I’m in the exact same boat, been on hold to do CT since December and I applied the day the positions opened, just get the same email that they’re processing when I ask for any updates!
Original post by ch16253
I’m in the exact same boat, been on hold to do CT since December and I applied the day the positions opened, just get the same email that they’re processing when I ask for any updates!

Yah same I have emailed so many times and keep getting very generic emails and keep being told to be patient. I gave up on it. It seems people are either in the last stage or getting offers and I'm still in the first stage lol
Original post by tee1738
hi, it was online so quite a bit of waiting in between joining different 30 minute sessions. Wasn't so bad, staff were nice and the group assessment was only 3 people so didn't struggle to get a word in. Had to give a presentation during my interview but it was not too technical.

It was three stages: group assessment, 1:1 reflection on the assessment, then interview.

Hii. Did you know prior to your interview that you would be giving a presentation? 😊
Original post by tee1738

Hi, Congratulations! May I ask that when did you receive your VLP date? How many days prior to your VLP? If you don't mind me asking.
Original post by Sr8374
Hii. Did you know prior to your interview that you would be giving a presentation? 😊

yeah I was given a brief 2 weeks before the launchpad outlining what points I should cover, how long the presentation should be, etc. Had plenty of time to practise and more or less memorised my talking points.

Not sure if the timeframe will be the same for everyone bc I applied through an insight programme
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by SH0830
Hi, Congratulations! May I ask that when did you receive your VLP date? How many days prior to your VLP? If you don't mind me asking.

hi, I actually applied through an insight programme so it was a bit different bc the date for the VLP was set in advance. it was two days of presentations from staff and skills sessions, then the VLP on the 3rd day. So I knew quite early on that the programme would run April 13th-15th and the VLP would be on the 15th.
I got the details of the VLP and format for the day on April 1st.
Reply 1018
Hey, has anyone who's had their VLP, please message me, thanks! :smile:
Original post by D4wod
Hey, has anyone who's had their VLP, please message me, thanks! :smile:

Have you received your date? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending