The Student Room Group

KPMG 2021 Graduate Programme

Scroll to see replies

This is unacceptable to me.
They say the places are full "due to unexpectedly high success rates".
THIS SOUNDS SO RIDICULOUS
THEY ARE BLAMING APPLICANTS BEING TOO GOOD RATHER THAN THEMSELVES NOT PLANNING WELL AND THOROUGHLY
If places are so few they should narrow down the application window for less applicants instead of rejecting graduates with an absurd excuse after months long wait. Don't do that no more KPMG.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1181
Original post by Atomsplak
This is unacceptable to me.
They say the places are full "due to unexpectedly high success rates".
THIS SOUNDS SO RIDICULOUS
THEY ARE BLAMING APPLICANTS BEING TOO GOOD RATHER THAN THEMSELVES NOT PLANNING WELL AND THOROUGHLY
If places are so few they should narrow down the application window for less applicants instead of rejecting graduates with an absurd excuse after months long wait. Don't do that no more KPMG.

In some ways I understand the reasoning, its just the way they go about it is unacceptable to me. How can you make a candidate wait 6+ months since March - The only reason we are even being kept waiting is due to them. The thing that is so frustrating is that they pass you to the next stage, give you 2 days to complete a task and then make you wait 2 months for the next stage - Just to be told at the end all your waiting was for nothing. Its like candidates time is worthless.

Also, they say its full now, but like, we applied in Feb/March. If they kept application moving like any other big 4 then we would have had our assessments with outcomes well before then.
Reply 1182
Original post by TGS28
Hi, I was offered to attend an assessment center with KPMG about 2 months ago. After stringing the application process along for 6+ months all I was awaiting was an invitation to the VAC which I was told to wait for. I have today received an email disregarding all of that and that the programme is full. Completely ignoring the fact I have ben waiting 6+ months and 2+ months to attend the VAC I was promised. Anything I can do?

Same here. I've been waiting for 3 months for my CT test. I also applied in early March and even completed my assessments while I had Covid. My application was withdrawn today.
The timing is just so close to the planned start date. Sometimes employers offer a later start if the places are full before applicants complete assessments. They do not. One reasonable explanation I can think of is that their budget got cut recently so they wouldn't have as many new joiners as before. Didn't see many unsuccessful applications lasting this long in the past years. Along with recent scandals, the way they dealt with applicants made their management untrustworthy.
Anyway heads up guys, there will be other opportunities and perhaps better than this one haha.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Atomsplak
The timing is just so close to the planned start date. Sometimes employers offer a later start if the places are full before applicants complete assessments. They do not. One reasonable explanation I can think of is that their budget got cut recently so they wouldn't have as many new joiners as before. Didn't see many unsuccessful applications lasting this long in the past years. Along with recent scandals, the way they dealt with applicants made their management untrustworthy.
Anyway heads up guys, there will be other opportunities and perhaps better than this one haha.

Thanks for the positivity! Great way to think about the situation 😃
I just got an offer today after doing my interview back in June and being put on a waiting list. Already had a job lined up but I'm probably going to withdraw my application for that as they're still doing background checks and do this instead, the pay is way better.
Original post by Eleanor12345678
I just got an offer today after doing my interview back in June and being put on a waiting list. Already had a job lined up but I'm probably going to withdraw my application for that as they're still doing background checks and do this instead, the pay is way better.

Congratulations that's amazing!! 👏🎊🎉

Hey what was this for may i ask? Congrats!!!
Reply 1188

Congratulations!!
Hey guys I would definitely call KPMG as I was recently made an offer after being on waitlist for a month, Good luck!
Original post by Gradd9797
Hey guys I would definitely call KPMG as I was recently made an offer after being on waitlist for a month, Good luck!

Hi really interesting advice, I was thinking of doing the same but did not know what to say! What did you say when you called them? Also what role was this for and where was it? Thank you for your help!
Original post by sabana
Hey, what salary are kpmg offering for the 2021 intake in their Northern offices?

22,000 for all northern offices.. Been that salary for a good 5+ years & annual bonuses have been removed for all junior staff
Original post by mojimes232
22,000 for all northern offices.. Been that salary for a good 5+ years & annual bonuses have been removed for all junior staff

Thanks, that's definitely helped to inform my decision.
(edited 2 years ago)
For everyone who got put in the 'talent pool' after passing the VLP and just not making it through due to high performance there is hope! I had my VLP in March and got put in the talent pool then, yesterday after 6 months I got the amazing call saying they’d like to offer me a place on a programme.

The aim here isnt to put false hope in anyone so continue with your applications but just know there is that possibility you may get a call saying KPMG want you. Good luck to everyone.
Original post by MHmemp25
For everyone who got put in the 'talent pool' after passing the VLP and just not making it through due to high performance there is hope! I had my VLP in March and got put in the talent pool then, yesterday after 6 months I got the amazing call saying they’d like to offer me a place on a programme.

The aim here isnt to put false hope in anyone so continue with your applications but just know there is that possibility you may get a call saying KPMG want you. Good luck to everyone.

Congratulations!! Amazing news 👏 👏
Reply 1195

Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, did they offer you a programme from the 2021 intake or 2022 one?
Original post by Gradd2021
Hi really interesting advice, I was thinking of doing the same but did not know what to say! What did you say when you called them? Also what role was this for and where was it? Thank you for your help!

Hey just ask like if there is any update on any roles becoming free or any updates on the waiting list. Consulting/London. I called up and they had said no updates then a few days later they rang so worth a try calling! Sorry for late reply!
(edited 2 years ago)

I'm in the same situation, having received 'the call' on 20 September. Still waiting on the official offer letter to come through. Have you received yours yet?
Original post by Liftinglawgrad
I'm in the same situation, having received 'the call' on 20 September. Still waiting on the official offer letter to come through. Have you received yours yet?

They said to me I will receive my official offer via the KPMG portal later this month so most likely after the 20th im guessing.
Hi Eleanor, congratulations on going through this stage. Would you mind giving some pointers about what to expect at this stage? Much appreciated!

Quick Reply

Latest