Should I send him a friend request?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So there’s this guy I met at work, he started there at the start of lockdown so I trained him on my department with another guy. He was really nice and we got on well and spoke casually to each other, I didn’t think much at the time. So then he moves departments and I don’t see him as much but whenever I did see him he would always say hi and we’d talk a little. Anyways I’ve recently been thinking more about him and I’ve realised that I kinda do have a crush on him. He came up on bumble so I swiped right however I’ve not matched since. Either he doesn’t use it/hasn’t got on to me or swiped left lol. Anyways I saw him at work again last week and I felt really awkward about the fact I found him on bumble and just my realisation of my feelings. Although I felt awkward we had a nice convo (which he initiated. He was also waiting for clock out so decided to use that time to talk to me which I thought was nice). Although it was ages since I had told him some personal stuff he remembered and asked me about it. That was technically my last shift there too (plus he will be starting a new job soon but is not sure when) so we wished eachother good luck. Anyways I do feel like we get on well but I just don’t know if he thinks I’m attractive or whatever, and that he’s just a nice guy. I have reeeaally low self confidence and can’t imagine he would find me attractive, but I’d at least hope he thought I had a nice personality haha. There is a little bit of an age gap, I’m 21 and he’s 24, idk if that would change anything.

Anyway, I had found him on Facebook and so I don’t know whether I should send him a request, given we only share one mutual. Would it be weird? I’d hate to bump into him again and it be weird or him think I was being stalkerish

:/
SchoolcanSMA
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Dude imagine he’s into you too and he’s too shy to make the first move
Send that request and if it doesn’t work out chances are you won’t see each other anyway since he’s going to a different job
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SchoolcanSMA)
Dude imagine he’s into you too and he’s too shy to make the first move
Send that request and if it doesn’t work out chances are you won’t see each other anyway since he’s going to a different job
I’ve sent it like you say, if it doesn’t work out then that is okay but it’s worth the shot. It’s just my stupid low self confidence always gets in the way, makes me think “why would he like you? You’re ugly” but looks aren’t everything you know. He isn’t hugely attractive, he’s cute but his personality makes him better, so I like to hope I have that going for me. Let’s just hope I don’t bump into him 😭
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’ve sent it like you say, if it doesn’t work out then that is okay but it’s worth the shot. It’s just my stupid low self confidence always gets in the way, makes me think “why would he like you? You’re ugly” but looks aren’t everything you know. He isn’t hugely attractive, he’s cute but his personality makes him better, so I like to hope I have that going for me. Let’s just hope I don’t bump into him 😭
Oh lord he accepted it literally straight away
Ackhnologia
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi there
Oh really?
Does he know that it is you?
Did you two have a conversation?
SchoolcanSMA
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m literally rooting for you two haha
Let us know if you had a convo and how it went dude
Chopinnocturne31
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Same here ^ tag me when you update please :awesome:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (181)
14.48%
I'm not sure (58)
4.64%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (367)
29.36%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.96%
I'm not a current university student (607)
48.56%

Watched Threads