The Student Room Group

A levels Or BTEC?

So basically following this years GCSE results which I did well in, I enrolled into a level 3 Engineering course at one of my local colleges with aspirations of becoming a civil engineer by taking on a level 6 degree apprenticeship. Now I’m slightly unsure of what to do as there are no degree apprenticeship vacancies posted for me to see if the Extended Diploma in engineering which I would have at the end Of the two years at college would see me into a civil engineering degree apprenticeship. Or would I have to consider doing a levels?
Original post by Nathan04
So basically following this years GCSE results which I did well in, I enrolled into a level 3 Engineering course at one of my local colleges with aspirations of becoming a civil engineer by taking on a level 6 degree apprenticeship. Now I’m slightly unsure of what to do as there are no degree apprenticeship vacancies posted for me to see if the Extended Diploma in engineering which I would have at the end Of the two years at college would see me into a civil engineering degree apprenticeship. Or would I have to consider doing a levels?

Just look at the big engineering companies websites and see what they require for their degree apprenticeshop schemes.
https://www.prospects.ac.uk/jobs-and-work-experience/job-sectors/engineering-and-manufacturing/engineering-apprenticeships

Quick Reply

Latest