Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Would you work on Xmas?
    and if so how much more would you need to be paid...

personally i'd work for double my normal rate, having said that I don't have a job.

Merry Christmas All You Coolcats! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    i would

standard practice is double pay (same goes for bank holidays)

(Original post by elpaw)
    i would

standard practice is double pay (same goes for bank holidays)
    Random:

you want to make money? you could make a **** load by tutoring your focussed subjects.....

*might do it* [probably in the summer tho]

ReputationRep:
    i probably wouldnt...

saying that...my dads on about £1/min tonight. (police in belfast, home of the xmas rioting!)

ReputationRep:
    I woudln't mind working it. I never really pay much attention anyway and most the day is spent wondering if it would be really rude to go back into my room and stay in here like every other day.

ReputationRep:
    I've done on call over Christmas, not sure that counts but I prefer new year and one way to get new year was to take the christmas on call

ReputationRep:
    Man, i had to work on christmas once. I also worked new years eve, new years and christmas eve.

ReputationRep:
    christmas eve is a normal working day.

In hospitals bank holidays like this one are a pisser because the people working the saturday and sunday just get their normal rate (or weekend rate if there is one) and the people who work monday and tuesday get the extra cash

i normally work new years day but not xmas

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting triple pay for Boxing Day. I would work Christmas Day for double pay if I had the opportunity; it's just like any other day to me really.

ReputationRep:
    I would never work christmas day. Ever. *shrugs* that's just me

ReputationRep:
    I would if I had a job behind a bar or something, but I don't, so I won't.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.