The Student Room Group

What features does a women want in a man?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by londonmyst
able to cope with the fact that alternative opinions exist

...without crying TROLL all the time :wink:
Original post by Justvisited
...without crying TROLL all the time :wink:

None of the guys I've ever dated are in the habit of crying or using social media.

I don't have much time for crybabies, habitual criminals, playground whining incels or any other type of snowflakes.
Male, female, online or irl.
l would say a woman would like a man like me as l have very good features or did l mean future lol
Reply 43
Original post by Gavin2016
I think because you're likely introverted the clubbing scene is intimidating to you. It tends to attract people with good social skills that enjoy socializing to the extreme. Many girls however can be attracted to a guy who is socially confident.

The muscles thing is I think another thing that can attract girls. That however takes a lot of time input to get a seriously obvious set of muscles. It's like the time most of us used to study at uni, so several times a week for several hours a day as a minimum - even that is a lot of time input. The bummer is that it only takes a few months to a year or two of not training to go back to Mr Joe Average.

I think your list is quite lengthy, I find that with a fair amount of women.

I think in general a lot of guys won't have the time to do gym for enough hours a day whilst also holding down a good day job or do well in studies, not unless that revolves heavily in terms of doing sport lol.

Main thing to bear in mind is to be realistic in terms of what sort of guy you can get with how you are. Many girls I see have a long list off wants that nearly all guys would struggle to meet even if they wanted her.

My list doesn't always match with the guys I dated. I think I have a "condensed" list: at least 5'7, funny, adventurous and non-judgmental. Someone who is bilingual is a bonus. Extra bonus if facial hair is well groomed. I am neither introverted nor extroverted per se. I don't mind a guy who goes clubbing; it is more about the frequency and shenanigans that unfold. I don't mind if some views differ because that can create healthy debate. Personally, I want a guy who respects my religious beliefs and the fact that I drink. However, that can be grouped under someone who is not judgmental. I have an intermittent fitness regime, so I am not expecting Hercules. I won't complain either because I'd have someone to exercise with. Or to lift me :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Long battery life and 720p camera vision. Throw some extra colours in there too if I’m feeling cheeky.
Original post by londonmyst
It depends on the individual woman, different people have different preferences.
I date with an age gap of 15+ years and have a long list of mostly personality related dating dealbreakers.
I like guys older than me who are calm, caring, dog friendly, interested in art/books/history/theology/egyptology, over 5'4 and able to cope with the fact that alternative opinions exist.

hey
just wanted to ask, if you dont mind, how old you are?
not many people i know date w/ such a large age gap?

presumably ur not a teen?
confident
nice
caring
smart
hardworking
:smile:
Reply 47
same goals, same vision. you can be cute but if you don’t want the same things it’s never gonna work unless someone has no self assurance.

but if it’s a short answer be a good conversationalist and listener. have self confidence. have goals to be independent. also curly hair and wear a pink dress shirt.
Reply 48
Original post by Joleee
same goals, same vision. you can be cute but if you don’t want the same things it’s never gonna work unless someone has no self assurance.

but if it’s a short answer be a good conversationalist and listener. have self confidence. have goals to be independent. also curly hair and wear a pink dress shirt.

A pink dress shirt? Oddly specific :h: May I ask why? Definitely agree otherwise. Have to be on the same or similar wavelength.
Kind, genuine, caring, loyal and funny. Alpha male. Self-aware, mature, confident and calm.

In terms of looks, somewhat good looking with strong arms and nice shoulders. Prefer someone who works out so we can go together. Height isn't a big thing for me as long as they are taller than me when I'm wearing heels.

No Napoleon complex or self-absorbed guys with massive egos. No weird guys.
Reply 50
Original post by Pelola
A pink dress shirt? Oddly specific :h: May I ask why? Definitely agree otherwise. Have to be on the same or similar wavelength.

every man i’ve seen in a pink dress shirt was exceptionally hot cuz looked good on him and showed confidence i guess. if you have a pink dress shirt on it tells you about your personality. a pale pink shirt against a brown skin makes you pop especially in my opinion.
Reply 51
Original post by Joleee
every man i’ve seen in a pink dress shirt was exceptionally hot cuz looked good on him and showed confidence i guess. if you have a pink dress shirt on it tells you about your personality. a pale pink shirt against a brown skin makes you pop especially in my opinion.

That is true. I have seen many a fine man in pink :colondollar:
Original post by deadroseex
They need to be a billionaire, sadistic with a pinch of psychotic Italian Mafia boss + traumatized and masochism! 💙

LMAO. Wattpad fangirls just entered the chat:biggrin:
Reply 53
Original post by Anonymous
Kind, genuine, caring, loyal and funny. Alpha male. Self-aware, mature, confident and calm.

In terms of looks, somewhat good looking with strong arms and nice shoulders. Prefer someone who works out so we can go together. Height isn't a big thing for me as long as they are taller than me when I'm wearing heels.

No Napoleon complex or self-absorbed guys with massive egos. No weird guys.

I received enough weird guys to last me a lifetime
Original post by Gavin2016
As a guy in my opinion I think women want 'the look', by which I mean once you have a job get yourself a prestige car on hire finance, an Audi or better, spend the rest of your pay check on well known fashion brands then the rest on at least a small studio flat or better if possible and food plus stuff to pay the bills with.

Now for most young people that will blow your monthly pay cheque each month, but it's what I would do time over again. I know you won't be saving money that you could do during this time but from what I see many women care less about the behind the scenes bank account and more about 'how things look'. They want to look like they are well off even if they aren't and live a lifestyle even if they don't actually own that lifestyle. I personally don't think they care so much if a guy doesn't actually own any of it, they know most guys can't especially young guys, they just want the look of that lifestyle and don't so much care if it's a big waste.

The funny thing they all annoyingly ask for which is a real irritating pain like we're all comedians or something.

As a woman, I don't care about money. I just want an ambitious person with a passion that can match mine. A person is only truly poor when they lack ambition. I also split the bills so I wouldn't care if he isn't Bill Gates. lol. I don't want my partner to die from the stress of having to handle everything when I'll be working too.

Maybe I haven't been around a lot of women but the ones I know care about the bank account a lot more in the sense that they don't want someone who is careless with handling money. If they find out a guy wastes money to look fancy, they'll drop him immediately.

For the funny thing, it doesn't mean you have to be a comedian or be good at jokes. It simply means be able to make her laugh. For example, my best friend isn't a comedian or even good at jokes, but he makes me laugh a lot. Sometimes, he says normal things but because of the connection we share, I interpret it as something hilarious. An outsider would say he isn't funny but he makes me laugh so he is to me.
Original post by Daryl_01
As a woman, I don't care about money. I just want an ambitious person with a passion that can match mine. A person is only truly poor when they lack ambition. I also split the bills so I wouldn't care if he isn't Bill Gates. lol. I don't want my partner to die from the stress of having to handle everything when I'll be working too.

Maybe I haven't been around a lot of women but the ones I know care about the bank account a lot more in the sense that they don't want someone who is careless with handling money. If they find out a guy wastes money to look fancy, they'll drop him immediately.

For the funny thing, it doesn't mean you have to be a comedian or be good at jokes. It simply means be able to make her laugh. For example, my best friend isn't a comedian or even good at jokes, but he makes me laugh a lot. Sometimes, he says normal things but because of the connection we share, I interpret it as something hilarious. An outsider would say he isn't funny but he makes me laugh so he is to me.

I actually disagree. Not all women care about looks. A lot of women actually earn more than their guy and can juggle a lot e.g.mortgage and bills and multi tasks in life. That's the definition of an independent power woman. Most of my girlfriends are doctors or pharmacist and they look for good quality guys
Reply 56

I once said to someone if I wanted a comedian I would go to a comedy show. I want someone with ambition who can find the positives in life and has a good sense of humour. I have a mix of cheesy and dry humour. Works with friends, not sure about relationships. Oh well, I'm sure my ideal guy is stuck on the M25. Or in another country. I think it is important to have a mutual connection, ambition or activity.
I actually disagree. Not all women care about looks. A lot of women actually earn more than their guy and can juggle a lot e.g.mortgage and bills and multi tasks in life. That's the definition of an independent power woman. Most of my girlfriends are doctors or pharmacist and they look for good quality guys

my apologies, was disagreeing with Daryl_01

Um, I think you're replying to the wrong person because you just summarized what I said. I even said I'm the kind to split the bills with my partner, and I said nothing about looks. I said women care more about someone who is responsible enough to manage his finances well instead of wasting money on trying to look fancy. Only an irresponsible person would do that, and that isn't a trait of a good quality guy.
Um, I think you're replying to the wrong person because you just summarized what I said. I even said I'm the kind to split the bills with my partner, and I said nothing about looks. I said women care more about someone who is responsible enough to manage his finances well instead of wasting money on trying to look fancy. Only an irresponsible person would do that, and that isn't a trait of a good quality guy.

whoopsie, sorry about tha! Yeah my app is not letting me reply properly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending