Access to Higher Education -- Write an Academic Report

Watch
SamBra
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
"You are required to write an academic report that demonstrates your understanding of psychological research."

But I don't know how to structure it all?

it's a 2,000 word count and I have been given guidance to sections i must address in the report (which total to approx 1600 words) but how is it supposed to be layed out?

Title Page
Contents
Introduction
Section required addressed
References
Bibliography

?

OR WHAT?
NatalieIneson
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SamBra)
"You are required to write an academic report that demonstrates your understanding of psychological research."

But I don't know how to structure it all?

it's a 2,000 word count and I have been given guidance to sections i must address in the report (which total to approx 1600 words) but how is it supposed to be layed out?

Title Page
Contents
Introduction
Section required addressed
References
Bibliography

?

OR WHAT?
hi, I had to do an academic report as on of my assignments too, as it was ungraded unit it came back as achieved but i was told by my marker it was very good layout and had very little improvements to make to it. I laid mine out in the format:
Title
Scope (aim of research)
Table of Contents
Research Methodology
Findings
Conclusions
Reccomendations
References
Bibliography.
Hope this helps.
SamBra
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by NatalieIneson)
hi, I had to do an academic report as on of my assignments too, as it was ungraded unit it came back as achieved but i was told by my marker it was very good layout and had very little improvements to make to it. I laid mine out in the format:
Title
Scope (aim of research)
Table of Contents
Research Methodology
Findings
Conclusions
Reccomendations
References
Bibliography.
Hope this helps.
thank you. Yes.

Did you include the questions or any exerpts from the assignment brief in the sections? or did you just write the answers in each section?
NatalieIneson
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SamBra)
thank you. Yes.

Did you include the questions or any exerpts from the assignment brief in the sections? or did you just write the answers in each section?
I just wrote all my answers under the relevant headings as listed before. i initially really over-complicated the assignment in my head, just write all answers in the sections and you should be fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads