A-level Sociology

Watch this thread
hollie1928
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi! I've recently dropped A-level History and am going to start Sociology within the next week hopefully. I've obviously missed the first few weeks of it so if anyone had any good resources that could help me catch up that would be appreciated! Also, any tips in general for A-level Sociology would also be of help. Thanks!
scarletchaplin
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Hi darling!
Are you still needing these resourses?
I'm currently at university studying Sociology but i've got loadsss of powerpoints and essay questions if you would like me to send them to you! x
username5446606
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by scarletchaplin)
Hi darling!
I'm currently at university studying Sociology but i've got loadsss of powerpoints and essay questions if you would like me to send them to you! x
Hey do you think you could send them to me aswell xx
hollie1928
Rep:
(Original post by scarletchaplin)
Hi darling!
Ah really! I’d be really grateful if you could send me them, that would be so useful. Thank you x
Arden University
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hollie1928)
Hi! I've recently dropped A-level History and am going to start Sociology within the next week hopefully. I've obviously missed the first few weeks of it so if anyone had any good resources that could help me catch up that would be appreciated! Also, any tips in general for A-level Sociology would also be of help. Thanks!
hollie1928
Hi Hollie, I am a social sciences teacher. In terms of getting into the subject if you are new to it, it is worth reading up on three key perspectives; functionalism, marxism, and feminism. It is worth tackling them in that order as the first one is very nicey nicey, the other two are more critical theories. Typically in the social sciences at level 3 you apply these perspectives to areas such as the families, religion, social class etc. I would avoid work by people like George Herbert Meed and Blumer for now as that is a little more advanced for someone starting out

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
hollie1928
Rep:
(Original post by Arden University)
hollie1928
Hi Hollie, I am a social sciences teacher. In terms of getting into the subject if you are new to it, it is worth reading up on three key perspectives; functionalism, marxism, and feminism. It is worth tackling them in that order as the first one is very nicey nicey, the other two are more critical theories. Typically in the social sciences at level 3 you apply these perspectives to areas such as the families, religion, social class etc. I would avoid work by people like George Herbert Meed and Blumer for now as that is a little more advanced for someone starting out

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
Thank you so much for your advice, that’s so helpful. I’ll definitely start on some research on those.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (87)
19.42%
The paper was reasonable (171)
38.17%
Not feeling great about that exam... (119)
26.56%
It was TERRIBLE (71)
15.85%

Watched Threads