The Student Room Group

2 questions for women

salam

i'm a muslim brother soon to be married and my wife is a revert and we will both be working(her part time though) and i want advice on how to cook.

i'm aware of the stigma that women should stay at home ect. but i want to be part of it otherwise it will be overwhelming for her and can take a huge toll on the marriage.

our marriage is april ish hopefully when covid is gone and i want to know how long it takes to be good at cooking where i can cook really good food every now and then.

second question is, do you guys mind when a guy is balding.
im not bald at all, but i might be in my 30s. since i lift a lot it may compensate but im afraid this will be a factor in them rejecting me ahah
Original post by Anonymous
salam

i'm a muslim brother soon to be married and my wife is a revert and we will both be working(her part time though) and i want advice on how to cook.

i'm aware of the stigma that women should stay at home ect. but i want to be part of it otherwise it will be overwhelming for her and can take a huge toll on the marriage.

our marriage is april ish hopefully when covid is gone and i want to know how long it takes to be good at cooking where i can cook really good food every now and then.

im not bald at all, but i might be in my 30s. since i lift a lot it may compensate but im afraid this will be a factor in them rejecting me ahah

I don't have any advice for the cooking issue since I'm also still learning. Although, I can say that you have enough time to learn a couple good meals. Just keep practicing whatever you're taught till you perfect it. It's great that you don't follow that stereotypical lifestyle and want to share the load. She'll be pleased. Speaking from what I've seen, you're right about it taking a toll on the marriage if she gets overwhelmed. I've seen that happen too many times especially when kids bring in extra work.

For the balding issue, if she's committed as you are to your union, she shouldn't care if you lose your hair so don't worry. Being bald doesn't make a person unattractive. It also helps that you lift. By them, I'm assuming you mean your in-laws. I doubt they'll be bothered by something like that. I think they'll be more concerned about your personality since they would want the best for their daughter.
Original post by Anonymous
salam

By the way, I wish you two a great wedding and a blissful marriage.
Reply 3
Youtube for learning. There are plenty of good recipes online. It mostly takes practice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending