The Student Room Group

Can I do optometry with my A-levels?

Hi, I am wondering if I can do optometry with my a levels. Currently I do Maths, Psychology and Biology. But I am considering to change maths to geography. Can I do optometry with either maths or geography with psycho and bio? If not, what career can I get into?
The only reason I want to swap from maths to geography is because maths has never been my favourite subject but have been average at it and I don't know if I'd enjoy it and be successful in it.
Reply 1
It depends on which uni you look at. They will require 2 sciences or one science and Maths. With Maths, Psychology and Biology, you will be able to however if you change to Geography, you might not be able to as Psychology is a Social Science and they aren't included. Like I said, check uni requirements you want to apply to for more info :smile:
Original post by kkorotania
Hi, I am wondering if I can do optometry with my a levels. Currently I do Maths, Psychology and Biology. But I am considering to change maths to geography. Can I do optometry with either maths or geography with psycho and bio? If not, what career can I get into?
The only reason I want to swap from maths to geography is because maths has never been my favourite subject but have been average at it and I don't know if I'd enjoy it and be successful in it.

For optometry they mostly require 2 sciences and then the 3rd subject doesn't have to be a science
It will be best if you check requirements for the unis you are thinking of going to because some unis may have different requirements from the norm
I wouldn't recommend doing math if you think you won't enjoy it or be successful at it , I wouldn't recommend doing any A level subject that you don't feel that comfortable with cos you'll have to be able to tolerate it for the 2 years and honestly it's a lot

Quick Reply

Latest