dylgeo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I’m thinking of applying to this sixth form I’ve seen. I definitely want to do Economics, considering I already do Business at school right now. There aren’t much other courses I can think of apart from Maths and Business Studies, however Maths requires a Grade 6 and I’m around a 5 right now.

I currently do Business, Computer Science, Art, and Media Studies which I never wanted to do in the first place, so that’s definitely going.

I’ve read Business on its own is a soft subject, but can be paired together with Economics to maximise both, so I could do this. Any advice for me on this?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by dylgeo)
I’m thinking of applying to this sixth form I’ve seen. I definitely want to do Economics, considering I already do Business at school right now. There aren’t much other courses I can think of apart from Maths and Business Studies, however Maths requires a Grade 6 and I’m around a 5 right now.

I currently do Business, Computer Science, Art, and Media Studies which I never wanted to do in the first place, so that’s definitely going.

I’ve read Business on its own is a soft subject, but can be paired together with Economics to maximise both, so I could do this. Any advice for me on this?
You should work out which subjects you wnat to do at A level. like and are good at + the school will allow you to take.
You normally need a 6.

Aim for A levels that interest you and you cna do well in. Grades will get you further than taking things you have no interest in and get poor grades for.

Have a think about what subject you want to study or career you want to follow.

If its Economics, then you should definitely work on your Maths as thats usually a requirement at degree level.
Business studies rarely does.

You need to work out the 3 that interest you and work as a combination for entry onto the course that interests you. make the lists now and see how much that takes shape.
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
most important thing is you take subjects you enjoy. economics is quite a mathsy subject and some schools may ask for a 6 in gcse maths (depends on the sixth form/college so do plenty of research on their requirements) but keep revising and working hard at the subject; lots of resources freely available online for it nowadays
dylgeo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
You should work out which subjects you wnat to do at A level. like and are good at + the school will allow you to take.
You normally need a 6.

Aim for A levels that interest you and you cna do well in. Grades will get you further than taking things you have no interest in and get poor grades for.

Have a think about what subject you want to study or career you want to follow.

If its Economics, then you should definitely work on your Maths as thats usually a requirement at degree level.
Business studies rarely does.

You need to work out the 3 that interest you and work as a combination for entry onto the course that interests you. make the lists now and see how much that takes shape.
The sixth form I’m going to apply to only needs 5 9-5 GCSE’s for economics, including English Language and Maths. However, for A-Level maths I need to at least get a 6.

Would Economics, Maths and Business all be good together? I may try and do these.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by dylgeo)
The sixth form I’m going to apply to only needs 5 9-5 GCSE’s for economics, including English Language and Maths. However, for A-Level maths I need to at least get a 6.

Would Economics, Maths and Business all be good together? I may try and do these.
Yes but you should really do the 3 you enjoy and will get the best grades.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (104)
13.32%
I'm not sure (35)
4.48%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (241)
30.86%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.43%
I'm not a current university student (382)
48.91%

Watched Threads