Whity18
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey guys l am moving to Sydney soon and for A levels l was currently doing the Cambridge Syllabus but my mom told me that l was going to be doing another one so l was wondering if someone would help me by telling me how A levels work and share some links, which syllabus they use and just general advice
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Whity18)
Hey guys l am moving to Sydney soon and for A levels l was currently doing the Cambridge Syllabus but my mom told me that l was going to be doing another one so l was wondering if someone would help me by telling me how A levels work and share some links, which syllabus they use and just general advice
BlinkyBill
Will know.

If your mum knows then find out what syllabis it will be and you can calculate how feasible it is to switch. If you are halfway through it may be worth continuing with cie or you may have to start again depending on the subject and when you move.
BlinkyBill
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Whity18)
Heya,

Exciting about your move to Sydney. I'm from Aus (but further north in Queensland) and it's a great place to live IMO. I'm sure you'll enjoy it once you're settled in.

So you will likely be studying the HSC (Higher School Certificate). This is a pretty helpful explanation of it.

Worth noting that Australia historically hasn't had a national curriculum for senior secondary school education (the equivalent of A-levels here). This is currently changing, but probably best that whenever you research stuff, make sure you're looking for information about New South Wales curriculum specifically. Also there are no 'A-levels' or sixth form colleagues. The final two years are studied within a normal school, just known as 'senior' usually.

I hope that's helpful!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (103)
13.22%
I'm not sure (34)
4.36%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (241)
30.94%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.44%
I'm not a current university student (382)
49.04%

Watched Threads