private candidate, predicted grades???

Watch
student0312x
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,
I'm taking a gap year and revising all my year 1 +2 content at home to resit two of my exams. I'm not at college neither am I with a tutor.

Would I put myself down as a private candidate on my UCAS application.
Also, how would I get my predictions done? (My old sixth form wont predict me any higher than my CAGs because they have no further evidence)
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by student0312x)
Hi,
I'm taking a gap year and revising all my year 1 +2 content at home to resit two of my exams. I'm not at college neither am I with a tutor.

Would I put myself down as a private candidate on my UCAS application.
Also, how would I get my predictions done? (My old sixth form wont predict me any higher than my CAGs because they have no further evidence)
1. Yes you are a private candidate. Look at applying as an individual.
2. Predicteds is normally by your referee. If you wnat improved ones then you will have to provide evidenbce to the refereee as to why they take precedence. Some exam centres will offer tests if you pay them on which they based predicteds. I think the best way is to use a tutor for that task although it will cost money or your referee if they are willing.

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/a...uate-reference
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (184)
14.2%
I'm not sure (59)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (380)
29.32%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.85%
I'm not a current university student (636)
49.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed