free yolos
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hello guys i am choosing teenage lifestyle as my challenge i was wondering do u have any idea on what products i could make and any help on my primary data/secondary data
Pen12
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by free yolos)
hello guys i am choosing teenage lifestyle as my challenge i was wondering do u have any idea on what products i could make and any help on my primary data/secondary data
Errmmm... nea dt gcse, they literally don't mind what you make as long as you show the process behind it, so I would start by making an online survey and getting friends or people generally to fill it out, asking about maybe life structure, schedule, things they enjoy doing, and then take the data and work from there.
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The good news is that you are surrounded by your target market (assuming you are at a school/college) so your peers will be a good source of information
Since teenage lifestyle is a very broad area i would suggest getting an A3 piece of paper and creating a mindmap with different headings. Each heading is a subcategory of teenage lifestyle e.g revision/school work, recreation, exercise etc

Under each branch heading start listing problems in this area, for this you will need to ask your fellow teenagers around you. As a teenager yourself you can try to fill in this yourself but it is better if it comes from others as differing perspectives are always good in order to generate as many varied ideas as possible.

At this stage you are just listing problems e.g a lack of work space to do school work, noisy environment etc. Once you have your problem areas you can start to design a product. The best products solve a real problem so if you do the groundwork now in terms of finding the opinions of your peers it will set your project off on a great start
LazLo_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
The good news is that you are surrounded by your target market (assuming you are at a school/college) so your peers will be a good source of information
Since teenage lifestyle is a very broad area i would suggest getting an A3 piece of paper and creating a mindmap with different headings. Each heading is a subcategory of teenage lifestyle e.g revision/school work, recreation, exercise etc

Under each branch heading start listing problems in this area, for this you will need to ask your fellow teenagers around you. As a teenager yourself you can try to fill in this yourself but it is better if it comes from others as differing perspectives are always good in order to generate as many varied ideas as possible.

At this stage you are just listing problems e.g a lack of work space to do school work, noisy environment etc. Once you have your problem areas you can start to design a product. The best products solve a real problem so if you do the groundwork now in terms of finding the opinions of your peers it will set your project off on a great start
i used to do DT NEA and inside the portfolio and each page is just A3 sheet . A mindmap is only part of the page. Like back then when i did it i was told like a mindmap was only covering 1/4 of a page and include other info if u want high marks with size 12 font
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by LazLo_)
i used to do DT NEA and inside the portfolio and each page is just A3 sheet . A mindmap is only part of the page. Like back then when i did it i was told like a mindmap was only covering 1/4 of a page and include other info if u want high marks with size 12 font
This is just a rough ideation process, there is no set way to do it, OP could do a huge messy one first and then condense it down a bit to put into their portfolio
Its not the size and the font that matters its the quality of the ideas, this is meant to actually help you i.e its not just doing a page for the sake of it.
You shouldnt get bogged down in layout and making it look pretty at this point, it restricts creativity. You should be scrawling ideas down as and when they come. Later on you can always rewrite it neatly on A3 to tick the boxes your school wants.
Ive done mindmaps for DT from GCSE up until university level, all of them have followed roughly the same sort of format with certain things such as splitting the topic into different areas and talking to people from your target market, being consistent throughout
Last edited by CoolCavy; 3 weeks ago
LazLo_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
This is just a rough ideation process, there is no set way to do it, OP could do a huge messy one first and then condense it down a bit to put into their portfolio
Its not the size and the font that matters its the quality of the ideas, this is meant to actually help you i.e its not just doing a page for the sake of it.
Ive done mindmaps for DT from GCSE up until university level, all of them have followed roughly the same sort of format with certain things such as splitting the topic into different areas and talking to people from your target market, being consistent throughout
yea pretty much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (617)
33.75%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (768)
42.01%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (362)
19.8%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (81)
4.43%

Watched Threads