Alternative jobs to vet nurse

Watch this thread
floppyfish
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Being a vet nurse seems like an ideal job for me, but the low pay puts me off. Are there any other careers which involve working with animals which are better payed? I’d love to work with livestock or wildlife (maybe conservation?) and have a job where I work outdoors everyday and have the opportunity to interact with animals everyday.
TheMixedVet
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Being a veterinary surgeon? Its not the same job but neither would any alternative career be to nursing. If you became a mixed, wildlife or equine or farm vet you'd spend most of your time visiting farms, stables etc outdoors and interacting with animals.
floppyfish
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by TheWannabeFarmer)
Being a veterinary surgeon? Its not the same job but neither would any alternative career be to nursing. If you became a mixed, wildlife or equine or farm vet you'd spend most of your time visiting farms, stables etc outdoors and interacting with animals.
That sounds ideal but I’d rather not spend 5 years in university and vet nursing sounded nice because you can get the job through apprenticeships. I’ve also heard that vets in general don’t really get payed well.
TheMixedVet
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by floppyfish)
That sounds ideal but I’d rather not spend 5 years in university and vet nursing sounded nice because you can get the job through apprenticeships. I’ve also heard that vets in general don’t really get payed well.
I can assure you being a veterinary surgeon is the best paying job working with animals.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (14)
31.11%
Take a gap year (10)
22.22%
Resit my exams (8)
17.78%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (6)
13.33%
I don't know yet (4)
8.89%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
6.67%

Watched Threads