Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I’m in y13 at the moment and I just feel so overwhelmed. I don’t feel like I’ll be able to get the grades my teachers have predicted me, my epq is a mess, I don’t have a clue what I’m doing with ucas and I’m becoming so short tempered with my family I don’t even feel like I can discuss it with them any more. I don’t even know why I’m posting this except that maybe I won’t feel as alone if some of you are feeling the same. If anyone is in this situation how did you get yourself out of it?
Wannabevetnurse
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I felt like this, not even going to lie. I felt like i was going to fail my exams, that i had no hope of even achieving my predicted grades. But i decided to change my entire attitude, i decided to think that I could pass my exams. So can you. All you need to do is put the hard work in, dont care about anyone else, just keep pushing forward. About UCAS, spend weekends and nights doing UCAS. Make sure you have your personal statement well written, if you are struggling ask your teachers, there is no shame in it. I was short tempered, but my parents understood. If your parents dont understand what you are going through, I suggest you sit down with them and have a chat about why you feel like this; they may decide to give you space to complete and support you throughout. Most importantly, this year is about you. Forget about friends, outings, social media etc. Spend this year on yourself and you will be grateful in the future. If you need anything just PM me x
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your kind reply! It’s reassuring to know that I’m not the only one who feels like this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (107)
13.49%
I'm not sure (36)
4.54%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (242)
30.52%
I have already dropped out (20)
2.52%
I'm not a current university student (388)
48.93%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed