Computer Science & Mathematics Degree that include Artificial Intelligence

Watch
ma9alem
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am interested in doing a Computer Science & Mathematics degree which has some element of Artificial Intelligence within the modules. Has anyone come across which Uni's do this type of course?
AcseI
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm going to be that person. Have you tried Google? Because when you search for something like "Computer Science Maths AI degree" you'll find plenty of unis come back.
Animera
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Many computer science courses offer machine learning/artificial intelligence modules. Try checking out different unis' course pages. Even if it isn't a compulsory part of the course, they might offer it as an optional module.
Last edited by Animera; 4 weeks ago
Rarest
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I am at Manchester, we have a CS and Maths degree and some of our second year options include :
Intro to AI
Knowledge-based AI
Machine Learning

There are also quite a few AI modules you can choose in third year too.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Honestly I think you would be very hard pressed to find a CS degree of any form which doesn't offer an AI module. It's a very common option because it's a current fad in the computing industry.
ma9alem
Rep:
?
(Original post by AcseI)
I'm going to be that person. Have you tried Google? Because when you search for something like "Computer Science Maths AI degree" you'll find plenty of unis come back.
Sorry, my bad. I have researched and narrowed to 5 but want to see which unis have the better course.
ma9alem
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rarest)
I am at Manchester, we have a CS and Maths degree and some of our second year options include :
Intro to AI
Knowledge-based AI
Machine Learning

There are also quite a few AI modules you can choose in third year too.
Thank you for that. Will look at Manchester. Its good that they do it in 2nd year rather than just the 3rd year.
ma9alem
Rep:
?
(Original post by artful_lounger)
Honestly I think you would be very hard pressed to find a CS degree of any form which doesn't offer an AI module. It's a very common option because it's a current fad in the computing industry.
Yes, but I was trying to see which one has more influence on it rather than just the last year.
Last edited by ma9alem; 4 weeks ago
howtochangename
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
King's College London has a CS degree with Intelligent Systems
AcseI
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ma9alem)
Yes, but I was trying to see which one has more influence on it rather than just the last year.
Unless you do a dedicated AI degree (and you won't find CompSci + Maths + AI) you'll be hard pressed to find a course that focuses on it much more than final year. It's an advanced topic, and more commonly focused on as part of a Masters than an undergrad.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (55)
36.18%
No (80)
52.63%
I don't know (17)
11.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed