Am I being played by the guy I've liked for years?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I've known this guy for 6 years. We started by seeing eachother, it was going well and one day we had an argument, and we just drifted after that. Long story short, I've had feelings for this guy ever since, and he seems to feel the same or so he says.

We've tried to reconnect over the years, but things got in the way; I got into a relationship, his mental health, his job, he started seeing someone. So it was never the right time to get together. We went on a date earlier in the year, first time we'd seen eachother in nearly 6 years, it went well and I ended up spending the night, because I genuinely thought it was going to be the start of something, because that's what he said. A few days after rthat he stopped contacting me.

So here's the thing, we started speaking again a few days ago. He claims he wasn't mentally in the right place to start seeing me. But now he is. He says all the right things, tells me his feelings for me have never gone away and that he wants to treat me how I should be treated, and that he knows he should be with me. I have always worried he just wanted to sleep with me, but he tells me he doesn't.

I want to believe him. But the fact that I haven't spoken to him since makes me feel like that's it, he's disappeared again. Surely he can't lie about that stuff? It's been 3 days, and I thought he would have arranged to see me by now, or at least spoken to me. Because I'm kind of left hanging.

What should I do? Should I message him or leave it? Should I ask what's going on and ask to see him, or leave it up to him? I just don't want him to play me and get away with it. I feel like a doormat, because I feel he can come back to me when he wants. If he's not interested, I don't want him to make me believe he is. Because it's not fair and I'm left disappointed, because my feelings for him are very real.
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Idk about you but personally I would not be able to deal with that type of behaviour. For me it is you are either all in or all out. If you are not sure, then decide one or the other and stick with it.
Scottishlad888
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
He is playing you l bet he is seen someone else as well if l was you l would close the door on the whole thing end it now dont ever let anyone trat you like a door mat
username5395306
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If you feel like it is the go as your gut says, yes it might be upsetting if turned out he was genuine but there's no point in forcing yourself if you have doubts
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (169)
14.68%
I'm not sure (53)
4.6%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (338)
29.37%
I have already dropped out (34)
2.95%
I'm not a current university student (557)
48.39%

Watched Threads