_gen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
hi guys, I need help. I recently accepted a job offer. I need to have references but I don’t have anyone in particular? It’s my first job so could I ask 2 of my tutors from my college from last year? One from my main course and my english teacher?? would it be okay just to email them and explain and ask? I dont know who else i could ask aah.
pepsimaxcherry
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
hi!

have you explained to your job that this is your first job?

if not, i don’t see anything wrong with sending your tutor an email! many tutors right references for students so im sure they would be happy to do that for you
_gen
Rep:
?
(Original post by pepsimaxcherry)
hi!

have you explained to your job that this is your first job?

if not, i don’t see anything wrong with sending your tutor an email! many tutors right references for students so im sure they would be happy to do that for you
Yes, I explained that it’s my first job in the interview but when I got the offer there was info saying I need 2 satisfactory references to be accepted- so its just a generic thing all applicants probably have to do?
Okay I’m going to ask them soon. Do you think I could also ask a teacher from my high school, it was like 3 years ago when I last spoke to them, theyve probably forgotten me. Is it still a possibility though?
pepsimaxcherry
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by _gen)
Yes, I explained that it’s my first job in the interview but when I got the offer there was info saying I need 2 satisfactory references to be accepted- so its just a generic thing all applicants probably have to do?
Okay I’m going to ask them soon. Do you think I could also ask a teacher from my high school, it was like 3 years ago when I last spoke to them, theyve probably forgotten me. Is it still a possibility though?
Ah I’m not sure! I didn’t need references for my first job so it may just be that company?

Are you in college or sixth form? If so, I would get a reference from your most recent teacher. If not, I don’t see any harm in asking your high school teacher!
_gen
Rep:
?
(Original post by pepsimaxcherry)
Ah I’m not sure! I didn’t need references for my first job so it may just be that company?

Are you in college or sixth form? If so, I would get a reference from your most recent teacher. If not, I don’t see any harm in asking your high school teacher!
I finished college in May, had tutor from main course. I’m worried to ask her though as I was late to class sometimes haha yikes. Might ask my English teacher from college instead- I did quite well in that class so.
Anyways, thanks! It’s not till next week so I’m sure I can work it out by then.
pepsimaxcherry
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by _gen)
I finished college in May, had tutor from main course. I’m worried to ask her though as I was late to class sometimes haha yikes. Might ask my English teacher from college instead- I did quite well in that class so.
Anyways, thanks! It’s not till next week so I’m sure I can work it out by then.
I’d ask one of those haha! Best of luck, I’m sure it’ll be fine x
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by _gen)
hi guys, I need help. I recently accepted a job offer. I need to have references but I don’t have anyone in particular? It’s my first job so could I ask 2 of my tutors from my college from last year? One from my main course and my english teacher?? would it be okay just to email them and explain and ask? I dont know who else i could ask aah.
Yeah you could ask your 2 tutors.
Also- if you have been a.member of any clubs/societies etc, then you could get a leader or someone from there to be one as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (181)
14.31%
I'm not sure (59)
4.66%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (371)
29.33%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.92%
I'm not a current university student (617)
48.77%

Watched Threads