How to grow my maths grade (7/8 to a 9)

Watch
ctrlyoon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Atm maths is probably the most consistent subject I drop on. I revise for it the most but somehow it just doesn’t work out! I do questions and gcse questions but I know I can do it but it almost seems like I’ve not got the confidence bc I struggle with it. Ik I should be “happy” with a 7/8 but I’m not if that makes sense so does anyone have any revision techniques bc it seems like I’ve tried them all
ItsStarLordMan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey. Use Seneca, IXL, Snaprevise, Maths Genie and Khan Academy as your online resources. They are really helpful and are supporting me with my A Level maths course. Feel free to PM with any questions x
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I found CorbettMaths and MathsGenie really useful for my gcses, what I would say is to practise papers in times conditions - there should be plenty on the internet, and when you mark them go through and notes down the topic of any questions you don’t score fully on then revise those topics (and so on) until you’re confident with all/most of them!
ctrlyoon
Rep:
?
(Original post by ItsStarLordMan)
Hey. Use Seneca, IXL, Snaprevise, Maths Genie and Khan Academy as your online resources. They are really helpful and are supporting me with my A Level maths course. Feel free to PM with any questions x
Thank you! Good luck for a-levels (:
ctrlyoon
Rep:
?
(Original post by laurawatt)
I found CorbettMaths and MathsGenie really useful for my gcses, what I would say is to practise papers in times conditions - there should be plenty on the internet, and when you mark them go through and notes down the topic of any questions you don’t score fully on then revise those topics (and so on) until you’re confident with all/most of them!
Thank you!
ItsStarLordMan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ctrlyoon)
Thank you! Good luck for a-levels (:
Thank you!! x
stephsmhb
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ctrlyoon)
Atm maths is probably the most consistent subject I drop on. I revise for it the most but somehow it just doesn’t work out! I do questions and gcse questions but I know I can do it but it almost seems like I’ve not got the confidence bc I struggle with it. Ik I should be “happy” with a 7/8 but I’m not if that makes sense so does anyone have any revision techniques bc it seems like I’ve tried them all
I got a 9 in my gcse maths and now take it for alevel so if you ever need help with a maths question, feel free to ask
xxioh34xx
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I would also recommend mathedup.co.uk for lots of questions and answers for specific topics, I would recommend going on here and only choosing the topics you find the most difficult x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (80)
14.13%
I'm not sure (26)
4.59%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (179)
31.63%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.12%
I'm not a current university student (269)
47.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise