Driving licence address

Watch
Sophmeg
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
PLEASE help!! So I had my provisional licence in my parents address, while I was learning to drive I moved out, forgot to change my address on the provisional, and then when I passed my test I was so excited, they asked me if I wanted them to send it straight off for my pink licence and I just said yes! And forgot to mention that it was in the wrong address! Now 2 years later I realise it needs changing but I was actually already living here when I got my licence, I went to change my address and it asks how long I have lived here, if I tell the truth they are going to realise I already lived here when I got it, if I lie I have been on the electoral roll since we moved in so if they check they will know I have lied! Secondly does anyone know if the insurance company will check if the address’ are the same??? It was cheaper to take insurance in my parents address so I did, now if I change one will I have to change the other?? Sorry for the long post, thanks in advance X
Also I realise that I shouldn’t have took my insurance somewhere else but when your 20 year old and a female first time driver and the cheaper option is still over £170 a month I’m taking it!
lexfire95
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I just spoke to DVLA regarding the similar question. They told me that the licence on the address should be a home address in the UK from which you can be contacted. So the parents address being on licence is fine. The insurance should be the one where the car is parked overnight, as that's how they calculate risk based on region.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (520)
33.74%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (638)
41.4%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (313)
20.31%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise