I think this guy might like me, but the problem is I'm a queer woman...

Watch
jegrah
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey guys, I would just like a little advice please.

I was recently acquainted to this guy (we'll say his name's Martin) through a family friend and turns out he works in a similar field I'm trying to break into. We exchanged email address and Martin said he would be happy to help advise me with my job search. We started off emailing and he recommended some recruitment agencies he thought were useful and sent me a couple of jobs in the local area. After that, he agreed to meet me in a coffee shop for a couple of hours to talk about work opportunities and my CV (I wanted this to remain strictly professional). He then asked for my phone number and it reached the point where he was contacting me everyday. Instead of meeting up for a coffee as we originally planned, he requested if we could meet later and go out for a meal instead. Since then, he's still texting me daily and now he's asked me to the cinema this Saturday. So I think he might like me? Martin, is a nice guy and he's got a sense of humour, but as stated in the title, I'm a queer woman. I am more than happy to be Martin's friend, but how and when do I tell him that I'm not into guys?
Fairy Angel
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by jegrah)

I was recently acquainted to this guy (we'll say his name's Martin) through a family friend and turns out he works in a similar field I'm trying to break into. We exchanged email address and Martin said he would be happy to help advise me with my job search. We started off emailing and he recommended some recruitment agencies he thought were useful and sent me a couple of jobs in the local area. After that, he agreed to meet me in a coffee shop for a couple of hours to talk about work opportunities and my CV (I wanted this to remain strictly professional). He then asked for my phone number and it reached the point where he was contacting me everyday. Instead of meeting up for a coffee as we originally planned, he requested if we could meet later and go out for a meal instead. Since then, he's still texting me daily and now he's asked me to the cinema this Saturday. So I think he might like me? Martin, is a nice guy and he's got a sense of humour, but as stated in the title, I'm a queer woman. I am more than happy to be Martin's friend, but how and when do I tell him that I'm not into guys?
Omg! I don’t have any advice for you, sorry. Just try your best I guess
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago

Just say to him: look Martin, I just wanted to let you know that I'm not into guys, in case you wanted to hook up with me. However I think you're a really nice guy and I would love to remain friends.
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Subtly ( or not so subtly, your call ) incorporate your sexuality somehow into the discussion. Or just tell him flat out that your queer.
Ghostlady
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
agreed mr fox
becausethenight
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Just tell him - even just "I'd love to go to the cinema with you, but just to avoid any awkwardness, I'm queer so it'd be as friends".
If he reacts badly - you know you don't want to keep hanging out with him!
Ki Yung Na
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Wdym? You’re just supposed to that “btw I’m not sure if this is me misunderstanding, but I’m not heterosexual” and make sure he’s aware. Say it anyway possible and he’ll either react pleasant or badly depending on how long it takes for him to realise you aren’t interested like that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (102)
13.32%
I'm not sure (32)
4.18%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (237)
30.94%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.48%
I'm not a current university student (376)
49.09%

Watched Threads