Joint Honors Degree, Dissertation worres

Watch
isatmuhammad
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Second year Uni student here, doing a joint degree in History and English. At the end of my first year I chose to do an English dissertation with my module choices, however since then I have had a change of heart and want to do a History dissertation instead, as it still early in the University year would I able to change as this would mean some module changes for the second semester.
isatmuhammad
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Second year Uni student here, doing a joint degree in History and English. At the end of my first year I chose to do an English dissertation with my module choices, however since then I have had a change of heart and want to do a History dissertation instead, as it still early in the University year would I able to change as this would mean some module changes for the second semester.
Emily_B
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Have you asked the uni? It's only the start of 2nd year so you still have 12 months til starting 3rd year anyway so I really don't see why it's an issue.
ARUStudents
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hiya!

I am a Third year currently studying Drama and English Literature! Like you I first wanted to do my Major Project dissertation in one subject and then later changed my mind. It is still quite early in the year and once you have a clear idea of what you would like to do, you shouldn't be behind in anyway!

Speak to your tutor, or your advisor to see if you can can get swapped over, and I would also say maybe talk to one of your History lecturers/ module leaders (one who you think might be best to help you with your History dissertation) and let them know that this is what you want to do. So that you can get advice on the idea! Once you let all parties involved know what's happening, everything should be sorted out rather easily!

Best of luck! Hope this helps,
Zoe
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (190)
29.41%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.41%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.98%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.36%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.89%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.81%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.88%
Other things ā€“ I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.25%

Watched Threads