Boliviabba
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Good morning,

I’ve applied for tuition fees loan as an EU student for the academic year 2019/2020. The tuition fees loan has been granted to me as I received an entitlement letter, but not the maintenance loan since I need 5 years of residence in the UK and I only have 2 years. My only source of income is from my mother which earns a little over 20K a year, working 4h a day and receives universal credit.

A friend told me that she applied as a child of an EEA Migrant Worker (not as EU student) for tuition fees loan and maintenance loan and it has been granted both of them in full, even though she has less than 5 years of residence in UK.I have some questions:

Student Finance already confirmed that I got tuition fees granted for the academic year 2020/2021, would there be any reason for me not to be eligible for maintenance loan if I apply again as a child of an EEA Migrant Worker and send all the evidence required to EEA Migrant Worker Applications?

Also, can you please list me the steps I need to take to get through this process of changing my status from EU student to EEA Migrant Worker and apply for maintenance loan? Where do I have to apply?

Will there be any inconvenience with my mother getting Universal Credit and the maintenance loan I am asking?

Thank you in advance!
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Boliviabba)
Good morning,

I’ve applied for tuition fees loan as an EU student for the academic year 2019/2020. The tuition fees loan has been granted to me as I received an entitlement letter, but not the maintenance loan since I need 5 years of residence in the UK and I only have 2 years. My only source of income is from my mother which earns a little over 20K a year, working 4h a day and receives universal credit.

A friend told me that she applied as a child of an EEA Migrant Worker (not as EU student) for tuition fees loan and maintenance loan and it has been granted both of them in full, even though she has less than 5 years of residence in UK.I have some questions:

Student Finance already confirmed that I got tuition fees granted for the academic year 2020/2021, would there be any reason for me not to be eligible for maintenance loan if I apply again as a child of an EEA Migrant Worker and send all the evidence required to EEA Migrant Worker Applications?

Also, can you please list me the steps I need to take to get through this process of changing my status from EU student to EEA Migrant Worker and apply for maintenance loan? Where do I have to apply?

Will there be any inconvenience with my mother getting Universal Credit and the maintenance loan I am asking?

Thank you in advance!
Hi, we can advise on Migrant Worker funding but we can't advise on Universal credit.
You can view the criteria and evidence for Migrant Worker funding here http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f

You must apply for Tuition Fee Loan again when completing the SFE application form because if you get accepted as a Migrant Worker, your EU application will be cancelled/deleted and your account will be transferred to SFE. Then your funding will be paid by SFE instead.
Thanks, Isaac
Boliviabba
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, we can advise on Migrant Worker funding but we can't advise on Universal credit.
You can view the criteria and evidence for Migrant Worker funding here http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f

You must apply for Tuition Fee Loan again when completing the SFE application form because if you get accepted as a Migrant Worker, your EU application will be cancelled/deleted and your account will be transferred to SFE. Then your funding will be paid by SFE instead.
Thanks, Isaac
One more thing
As I already been accepted by the eu20n funding and I would like now to apply for the pn1 as a child of migrant worker I dont lose anything in case I got rejected right?

will they give me another email like they did in the eu20n? could I apply online for the pn1 or has to be by post?

If it has to be by post, will I have to send a cover letter to explain the reason why I want to apply for the pn1 now?

Thanks, Luis
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Boliviabba)
One more thing
As I already been accepted by the eu20n funding and I would like now to apply for the pn1 as a child of migrant worker I dont lose anything in case I got rejected right?

will they give me another email like they did in the eu20n? could I apply online for the pn1 or has to be by post?

If it has to be by post, will I have to send a cover letter to explain the reason why I want to apply for the pn1 now?

Thanks, Luis
Luis you have made 2 accounts and several different threads. Please do not do this.
I will respond in your other thread https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6730864
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (190)
29.41%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.41%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.98%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.36%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.89%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.81%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.88%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.25%

Watched Threads