Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I got told off for not taking my jacket off at college classroom. The teacher said coats off in the classroom so I thought I’m wearing a jacket so stayed as I was then she said coats off again while looking at me, I just looked away because I had a jacket on not a coat, she then said to be an I not listening take my coat off so I said this is a jacket. She still was asking me to take it off but I didn’t because it was freezing and I had a shirt under my jacket so my arms would have been freezing and it’s not a coat. It’s just she was making it into a big thing, she said coats off, a jacket isn’t a coat ffs and she sent me out of the classroom so I had to wait outside the in the corridor for ages. She finally came out, I said it’s a jacket, she said take it off anyway but I refused because it was freezing but she wouldn’t understand. I don’t understand why I can’t have it on, it’s not effecting anyone if I’m wearing a jacket and I was freezing, it’s pointless me taking my jacket off and I would’ve felt cold.
MedicWil
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
A jacket is a type of coat. You have to follow the rules whether you like them or not
At the end of the day, it's you who chose to dress the way you did and hence you're responsible for being cold, not your tutor.
Next time wear a jumper/hoody and take into consideration the weather conditions etc and what clothing you need to wear
Anonymous #1
(Original post by MedicWil)
A jacket is a type of coat. You have to follow the rules whether you like them or not
At the end of the day, it's you who chose to dress the way you did and hence you're responsible for being cold, not your tutor.
Next time wear a jumper/hoody and take into consideration the weather conditions etc and what clothing you need to wear
I didn’t know she was going to say take it off and she probably would say jumpers off as well
MedicWil
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I didn’t know she was going to say take it off and she probably would say jumpers off as well
The rules about coats and jackets are the same in every school and college so it's hardly likely you genuinely didn't know
Also if you're at school then a jumper or blazer is part of your uniform and they can't tell you to take them off so why weren't you wearing yours. I'm betting that nearly everyone else was wearing one
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
I got told off for not taking my jacket off at college classroom. The teacher said coats off in the classroom so I thought I’m wearing a jacket so stayed as I was then she said coats off again while looking at me, I just looked away because I had a jacket on not a coat, she then said to be an I not listening take my coat off so I said this is a jacket. She still was asking me to take it off but I didn’t because it was freezing and I had a shirt under my jacket so my arms would have been freezing and it’s not a coat. It’s just she was making it into a big thing, she said coats off, a jacket isn’t a coat ffs and she sent me out of the classroom so I had to wait outside the in the corridor for ages. She finally came out, I said it’s a jacket, she said take it off anyway but I refused because it was freezing but she wouldn’t understand. I don’t understand why I can’t have it on, it’s not effecting anyone if I’m wearing a jacket and I was freezing, it’s pointless me taking my jacket off and I would’ve felt cold.
Good bit of wilful refulsa there.
I think if you wore a blazer then it might have been ok, but seems you had a different sort of jacket.
You decided to question her authorty multiple times.

You need to take it up with the head and see where that gets you.

You dont seem to have gotten the hang of the child teacher relationship.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by MedicWil)
The rules about coats and jackets are the same in every school and college so it's hardly likely you genuinely didn't know
Also if you're at school then a jumper or blazer is part of your uniform and they can't tell you to take them off so why weren't you wearing yours. I'm betting that nearly everyone else was wearing one
It’s college, no uniform
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
Good bit of wilful refulsa there.
I think if you wore a blazer then it might have been ok, but seems you had a different sort of jacket.
You decided to question her authorty multiple times.

You need to take it up with the head and see where that gets you.

You dont seem to have gotten the hang of the child teacher relationship.
I don’t ****ing know
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
It’s college, no uniform
So it was a jacket like a coat. Tek it up with the college principla and xomplain about your human rights.
Seems to me your teacher was remarkably tolerant.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
So it was a jacket like a coat. Tek it up with the college principla and xomplain about your human rights.
Seems to me your teacher was remarkably tolerant.
Fine I get it ffs
GabiAbi84
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Oh come on, how pedantic is that.

“This is a jacket not a coat”

And you even say she still asked you to take it off once you had explained your “reasoning” for not taking it off.

End of the day, teachers make the rules not the students.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
Oh come on, how pedantic is that.

“This is a jacket not a coat”

And you even say she still asked you to take it off once you had explained your “reasoning” for not taking it off.

End of the day, teachers make the rules not the students.
It’s stupid though
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It’s stupid though
It’s the rules though...
Anonymous #1
It’s the rules though...
Stupid rules though
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Stupid rules though
Its rude to keep your coat on indoors. It shows that you want to leave rather than being there.
Whether you dislike the rule or not, its still a rule. And a simple one at that :rolleyes:
Anonymous #1
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
Its rude to keep your coat on indoors. It shows that you want to leave rather than being there.
Whether you dislike the rule or not, its still a rule. And a simple one at that :rolleyes:
It was a jacket though
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Stupid rules though
No, what’s stupid is thinking you’re more clever than the teacher by saying “it’s a jacket not a coat” and getting sent out of class for not doing one simple thing.
Anonymous #1
No, what’s stupid is thinking you’re more clever than the teacher by saying “it’s a jacket not a coat” and getting sent out of class for not doing one simple thing.
I would have been freezing though ffs, I had a t-shirt on under
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I would have been freezing though ffs, I had a t-shirt on under
And had you perhaps politely said that to your teacher she may have let you keep it on as a one off but instead you decided to try to be a smart ass and be cheeky to her.
Next time you will know to bring a jumper/sweater/long sleeve.
Anonymous #1
And had you perhaps politely said that to your teacher she may have let you keep it on as a one off but instead you decided to try to be a smart ass and be cheeky to her.
Next time you will know to bring a jumper/sweater/long sleeve.
I said it politely first ffs, I said literally it’s cold so can I keep it on and she said no
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I said it politely first ffs, I said literally it’s cold so can I keep it on and she said no
So there was your answer. 🙄
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.52%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (355)
29.29%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.68%

Watched Threads