Transferring 100 Credits to the open university, is it possible?

Watch
Paisley99
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I already did first year physics but got 100 credits only. I have about 40 credits from second year. Could I go straight into physics second year at the open uni?
GabiAbi84
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It is possible that they would give you 120 credits towards your degree from what you have already gained but whether they count them all towards the physics degree or a more general one will depend on the modules and whether they match up with theirs.
It’s free and under no obligation to study with them to check what they would offer you from what you already have.
Paisley99
Rep:
?
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
It is possible that they would give you 120 credits towards your degree from what you have already gained but whether they count them all towards the physics degree or a more general one will depend on the modules and whether they match up with theirs.
It’s free and under no obligation to study with them to check what they would offer you from what you already have.
I’ll probably check it just takes a long time to do
GabiAbi84
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Paisley99)
I’ll probably check it just takes a long time to do
But if you don’t check then you firstly won’t know the answer, and secondly won’t be able to use the credits...
Paisley99
Rep:
?
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
But if you don’t check then you firstly won’t know the answer, and secondly won’t be able to use the credits...
If I’m just checking will I have to get the transcript signed or is it okay to just send the transcript unsigned? As I’m not committing at this stage
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (172)
14.64%
I'm not sure (54)
4.6%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (344)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.98%
I'm not a current university student (570)
48.51%

Watched Threads