Heart palpitations

Watch
Nik420
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
My heart beats haven’t stopped since February this year it all started when I did extreme workout with dumbbells after that day I’ve been having high blood pressure went to hospital 3 times in First they gave me some fluids called Sodium Chloride they thought I got dehydrated even tho I drinked plenty of water that day my 2nd time going back to hospital was because of high pulse and got told I’m fine nothing wrong then I sort it out myself by eating garlic and now to this very day I get palpitations hard to sleep at night I feel like doctors don’t really care until this problem is fatal so I don’t care anymore what happens screw it this year is crap anyway
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Nik420)
My heart beats haven’t stopped since February this year it all started when I did extreme workout with dumbbells after that day I’ve been having high blood pressure went to hospital 3 times in First they gave me some fluids called Sodium Chloride they thought I got dehydrated even tho I drinked plenty of water that day my 2nd time going back to hospital was because of high pulse and got told I’m fine nothing wrong then I sort it out myself by eating garlic and now to this very day I get palpitations hard to sleep at night I feel like doctors don’t really care until this problem is fatal so I don’t care anymore what happens screw it this year is crap anyway
Could be anxiety. I used to get palpitations horribly a couple of years ago and thought I was having a heart attack. Try daily meditation, even just for 10 minutes, and see if that makes a difference.
Nik420
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Could be anxiety. I used to get palpitations horribly a couple of years ago and thought I was having a heart attack. Try daily meditation, even just for 10 minutes, and see if that makes a difference.
Ok mate thanks for the tip I will definitely try that out and see how it goes
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Nik420)
Ok mate thanks for the tip I will definitely try that out and see how it goes
Good luck! Any stress relief techniques (yoga?) worth exploring too
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
maybe take some dispersible asprin helps sometimes
Etomidate
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Heart palpitations can be a completely normal symptom. If you’ve been to see a doctor and had an ECG and you’ve been discharged, then it’s very unlikely to be anything serious.

If you’re measuring your own blood pressure and it seems to be high, discuss it with your GP and they can guide you through how to measure it correctly and manage it.

For the love of god, don’t start taking aspirin as suggested above.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.56%
I'm not sure (56)
4.63%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (354)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (588)
48.64%

Watched Threads