The Student Room Group

a levels

i’m doing a level maths economics and spanish because i didn’t achieve a grade 9 at gcse i wasnt t allowed to do further maths at my school will this allow me to apply to top unis such as lse / ucl?
i’m predicted a*a*a and achieved 3 grade 7’s 3 grade 8’s 2 6’s and a 5?
Original post by Lolimscrewedddd
i’m doing a level maths economics and spanish because i didn’t achieve a grade 9 at gcse i wasnt t allowed to do further maths at my school will this allow me to apply to top unis such as lse / ucl?
i’m predicted a*a*a and achieved 3 grade 7’s 3 grade 8’s 2 6’s and a 5?

I believe further maths isn't a mandatory subject. Maths is what most universities ask for and you already have that. However, check the entry requirements for the course you wish to study. It may be different for each university but you'll find what subjects they want
I can't say for sure. I know that on LSE's website, they recommend studying FM & most people who get in do study it. Though I know of some people who have gotten in to LSE without having taken FM.. I guess it just makes you more competitive, but if your predicted grades are good (which A*A*A is) and your personal statement is amazing, I doubt you'll be at any real disadvantage.

Quick Reply

Latest