The Student Room Group

Siblings trying to stop my parents splitting up

At home my parents have been arguing so much over the years and it’s just causing whole family to have arguments, it’s just to the point where the neighbours are probably hearing all this, I think it’s that loud. It’s not healthy to be having regular arguments at home and it’s just not going to stop, when it happens they’ve always said it will stop and will try again but it starts again not long after. My parents have finally been saying finally that it is not good, it’s not going to change so I think it’s better if they split up and move away. I’m actually happy about this because we will be getting a new property in the family, the arguing is getting a bit stupid, my mum has all these rules while if we go move in a different house we will have less rules so I think it will be pretty cool. It’s just my siblings were crying when my parents mentioned the idea and they were both trying to beg my parents to stay in this house and I don’t know what the big deal is. They were crying like ****ing 5 year olds and they were trying to ruin everything, I want them to split up, the arguments are pathetic, we will have a second property so I don’t see what’s wrong. My siblings were just like “we want you both together” crying, I’m just thinking grow the **** up, no one is going to die and we are going to get 2nd house.

My siblings have ruined everything, we could have had a separate house and had a choice on which house to go to. I just am pissed off with my siblings now, crying like babies over a good thing and now they aren’t doing it.

Also I’m not going to name my area but literally if you want a house that’s nice now I’m this day and age it’s £300k plus, literally a few years ago you could get decent houses for cheaper than that so house prices are going up which means if we get a property now, that will be a potentially an investment because imo, houses are going to be unaffordable in the future. So I mentioned if my siblings want them together and want more arguments and want to be unable to buy a house in the future they are going the right path but if they want a nice 2nd house that’s peaceful then they are going to be sound. They generally believe that these arguments are going to stop, they will never stop if my parents stay in the same house, they have argued like this before we were born since they were married. My siblings need to just move out like normal people.
I'm pretty sure I've seen a similar thread before...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending