Heldenzeit
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I've been given an enrolment time of 9.30 on Monday and I have to be at a compulsory departmental talk at SSEES at 10. i really, really don't want to be walking in late, so does could anybody who's already at UCL tell me how long it will take to enrol?
nikki
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It depends, sometimes there are huge queues and then it takes ages. It was rather quiet when I was enrolling last year, but it still took quite a while when I went to get my ID card so I would probably go enrol after you've been to the compulsory meeting - I don't think you have to enrol at that specific time. If they say anything, just explain that you had a meeting, it's not like it's your fault!
james s
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Your whole course/department enrols at the same time, so go when your slot is! They obviously think it won't take too long :P

EDIT: list is here.
username43584
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You can actually enrol at any point (I did it before I was meant, and so did many others) but then again enrolment generally takes priority over any lectures in Fresher's Week. I'd go to the talk and then enrol afterwards. They're pretty relaxed. It can take ages though...all those queues!
Veni_vidi
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
When is the half term btw?
Salain
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Veni_vidi)
When is the half term btw?
Half term...?
There is no such thing at University.
The most you get is Reading Week which is around the first week of November.
Then Christmas hols which are at the end of 1st term, from ~12th December
Veni_vidi
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Salain)
Half term...?
There is no such thing at University.
The most you get is Reading Week which is around the first week of November.
Then Christmas hols which are at the end of 1st term, from ~12th December
i did mean like a break up or something but thnks
james s
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Not all departments have a reading week though, like the Chem. one
Salain
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You'll be fooled in to thinking you get one in first term of 1st year, but then they make you come in to the department to do stuff like a poster competition (which is a waste of time, really). So it's not free, even though you have exams to revise for which take place the following week. YAY for you.
Veni_vidi
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by james s)
Not all departments have a reading week though, like the Chem. one
i know , i was looking forward to a half term/reading week
Mumintroll
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by becca2389)
You can actually enrol at any point (I did it before I was meant, and so did many others) but then again enrolment generally takes priority over any lectures in Fresher's Week. I'd go to the talk and then enrol afterwards. They're pretty relaxed. It can take ages though...all those queues!
I guessed this would be the case. I'm guessing they give each course a specific time to manage the flow of people (so everyone doesn't turn up at once).

So, if I were to show up at a different time to that which my course is meant to, it wouldn't cause me any problem? It would help me, as I'm doing joint honours and the other half of my programme has a lot of stuff going on that day. I'd like to get the enrolment out of the way earlier than the time set by my 'home' department.
Caspar David Friedrich
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm counting on it taking up to a couple of hours, that's usually how these things work. Enrollment is actually a good way to meet people - everyone is stuck in the queue, they have a common topic for conversation, and you have the time to kill. Be prepared to chat to people when you show up!
Princess-Leah
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Im doing law and ive got my law enroll time, but i havent got the official ucl enroll time yet. Should i be worried? xx
k007
Report 11 years ago
does any1 kno wot we have to bring for enrollment on monday??
Ewan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by k007)
does any1 kno wot we have to bring for enrollment on monday??
You should of got a letter in the post that said "please bring this to enrolement", that has your details etc on it. You will need your financial stuff too
Caspar David Friedrich
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I just enrolled this morning, took just under an hour and not even 5 minutes to do the computer registration. I only needed my offer letter, and despite saying they needed it was never asked for ID.
Ewan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
As above, its really easy. Finally got internet too!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (9)
21.43%
No (33)
78.57%

Watched Threads