The Student Room Group

Dropping out of uni

I hate university. I have been here for 2 weeks and hate the education side. I hate my course and really don't want to spend the next 3 years reading and writing essays which is what I will be doing if I stay. I don't know what to do though because the job/apprenticeship market is very dry, I don't exactly know what I want to do with my life and I got good A level results so everyone will see me as just doing a nothing job. Please help
If you can think more strategically, you should be able to switch to something useful
As you’re already in a college, it makes a bit of sense to consider (however briefly) to change internally from an-essay-writing-continuum to , say, something practical?
Art, film, building, archeology, languages, nursing? Add some other options, go through your uni’s entire offerings at undergrad and write an A4 sheet for motivation & explanation for the change to XXXX.yyy during the first term, or you are off, say that very gently, be positive - sad to leave this wonderful essay-writing-continuum but I woke up knowing that I must ........

It has been done

I agree with you that the world of work is potentially facing 4-million applicants per post (mild exaggeration), but that should blow over after three years or so
Or phone family/friends who have companies, that’s common in Italy.
Uni isn’t the only path through life, but it’s a safe haven at present

Quick Reply

Latest